The Rec & Proofing Supv provides leadership and supervisory responsibility for a small team of clerical/support employees. Delegates and supervises straightforward tasks. Effectively recommends personnel actions such as hiring, discipline, performance evaluation, promotion, compensation adjustments and termination. Applies working knowledge of technical and professional principles and concepts and in depth knowledge of team objectives. Ensures the quality and service of self and others. Good understanding of procedures and concepts within own technical/subject area. Good understanding of how the team integrates with others in accomplishing the objectives of the area. Responsible for training team members, monitoring quantity and quality of work and providing feedback to employees on performance. Must be able to exchange information in a concise and logical way as well as be sensitive to audience diversity. Has a direct impact on the business through the quality of the tasks/services provided. Quality and timeliness of service provided will affect the effectiveness of the team. Responsible for training team members, monitoring quantity and quality of work and providing feedback to employees on performance.
- Daily reconciliation of general ledger balances to the sub-ledger
- Preparation of reconciliation package
- Identify and clear accounting exceptions and mismatched items
- Analyze reoccurring issues and assist in developing process improvements
- Monitoring status of aged breaks on balance sheet accounts
- Exercise sound judgement regarding the proper application of accounting principles to reconciliations
- Effectively communicate with team members, management and business partners
- Respond to Balance Sheet Substantiation team requests for information
- Ensure financial reporting deadlines are met
- Participate in and/or lead projects as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 0-2 years relevant experience in accounting (experience in the financial services sector a plus)
- Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and other comprehensive basis of accounting
- Excellent quantitative skills
- CPA or commensurate local accreditation
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
Opportunity to work in an international, multi-cultural environment
Cooperation with a high quality team in a challenging area of the financial industry with one of the world's leading companies
Access to the latest technologies and tools
Opportunity to learn through participation in various projects and cross training
Attractive conditions of employment and benefits
High exposure coming from direct cooperation with senior management