The Product Control Senior Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for ensuring the completeness, accuracy and integrity of the bank's books and records in coordination with the Finance team. The overall objective of this role is to control and support data integrity and general ledger reconciliation, profit attribution and new activity analysis, valuation control, produce P&L and balance sheet reporting. You would be responsible for controlling Capital Markets Origination, which includes ECM/DCM/M&A business.
- You will be responsible for the end-to-end Product Control process. Daily P&L preparation and related activities: review and analyse new trades, associated risks and the P&L generated, Also understand and analyse the P&L coming from market moves on the existing portfolio of trades
- Work closely with all areas of the Finance department, liaising with the Trading Desk, Risk Management, Operations, Middle Office and IT teams
- Develop your controls and supervisory skill set: challenge and coach team members and ensure their daily work corresponds to the highest standards
- Use effective escalation to ensure issues are highlighted in a timely manner. Focus on recurring issues and drive through enhancement projects and systems fixes
- Support standardization efforts and also work on ad-hoc projects to implement process improvement ideas
- Develop an inquiring and questioning mind-set.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- University/College degree in Finance/Accounting is an advantage but not a must and we are open to other majors
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Good accounting knowledge/experience in previous roles
- Control focus
- Ability to work independently after initial training is provided
- Strong PC skills in Excel, Word. Training will be provided on other in house and industry standard systems used within this position.
What we offer:
- Unique opportunity to gain strong technical knowledge of a full range of investment banking products.
- Equal opportunity for all of our colleagues to climb up the career ladder
- Freedom to succeed in a dynamic environment: creative and innovative ideas are encouraged and recognized
- A positive and inclusive work environment in which diversity and cross-regional work-streams are key components
- Agile working: the office in Budapest is based around a state of the art flexible floor plan called ‘Citi-Works’. This delivers a positive and bright work environment. Flexible working is also provided to all employees.
- An environment conducive to developing supervisory/leadership/presentation skills and build a professional network across the organization globally
- Opportunity to participate in process re engineering and digitization
- A great place to be part of a socially active team: the chance to participate in regular charity events and social gatherings.