Lead, provide strong support to and continuously develop a team of approx 10 Customer Account Specialists (CAS) based in Warsaw. Drive strong team morale and a customer centered culture.
Establish a collaborative relationship with the London CAS Management and Team; ensure that the CAS teams function as one team. Be prepared to lead and challenge to establish best practice principles across the CAS teams.
Ensure high levels of client satisfaction through strong product, process and client knowledge. Act as an escalation point for senior client contacts.
Drive CAS led growth in spend and profitability through selling in new products, client specific initiatives e.g. spend increases, online statement take up, timely payment, Direct Debit penetration.
Participate in the strategic development and implementation of the CAS model as service segmentation is implemented and differentiated SLA’s are developed.
Establish strong working relationships with the senior members of the Commercial Cards business: Product, Account Management, Sales, Implementation, Operations
The Regional Commercial Cards business is approx. 15 years old, has experienced substantial growth over that time period, and now caters for 500+ corporate clients. The regional EMEA business covers over 35 markets, with significant further expansion underway in 2020.
Wholesale Card Operations is closely aligned to Product, Business Development, Account Management, Implementations, Capabilities, and Technologies. There are many interactions between these groups.
The CAS role is a key part of the Customer service function.
The Customer Service Commercial Cards Team Manager will lead a team of approx 10 CAS. The CAS role centres on managing Commercial Cards client relationships, driving client satisfaction and leading growth. The size and scope of client programmes range from a small number of Travel and Entertainment (T&E) cards in one country to multinational programmes with tens of thousands of cardholders across 35 countries using various products (T&E, Purchasing Cards, Virtual Card Accounts, Central Travel Accounts, International Payment Cards)
The team will comprise of experienced operational account managers (CAS) who will be from a range of nationalities and backgrounds.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Lead, coach and develop the team to achieve consistently superior client servicing
- Provide regular constructive, detailed feedback and appropriate support to ensure continuous growth and strong performance
- Drive consistently high levels of client satisfaction
- Engage with senior contacts at clients to support CAS, reinforce the relationship and to maintain an informed view of CAS performance
- Use existing MIS and ad hoc analysis to support performance management and best practice sharing
- Ensure that new team members are thoroughly trained on systems, products, processes, policies and the business structure with regular refreshes/updates
- Conduct employee performance reviews and provide ongoing feedback/developmental support
- Drive strong morale and motivation through recognition, public praise, a culture of achievement and personal/business growth
- Strike the right balance between listening to team members/being approachable and leading/ensuring delivery. Also between having a good understanding of team members performance but providing sufficient empowerment
- Identify development/growth areas and provide/facilitate the appropriate support/training or coaching
- Ensure compliance standards and controls are rigorously adhered to across the team
- Work with Sales, Implementations, Account Management, Operations and Product to continually improve processes and the knowledge/efficiency of the team
- Be a first point of escalation for CAS team members, 2nd point of escalation for clients (after the back up CAS)
- Ensure that appropriate cross-training and coverage is achieved across the portfolio of customers managed within the team
- Represent the CAS team in key discussions across the various business units, including liaising with process owners to drive process improvements and suggestions for operations
- Drive team time management, facilitate work life balance
- Proactively encourage high employee satisfaction levels. Positively lead a multi-lingual, multicultural operation
- Deputise for the Head of Customer Services at key meetings
- Development of strategic and execution skills relating to Customer Service
- Experience of leading a complex and diverse team
- Planning and execution skills relating to multiple customer portfolios
- Customer management skills at a very senior level
- Exposure to Product Management and Front Office business
- Progression into senior roles in other areas of the Wholesale Cards business.
- Strong knowledge of the Commercial Cards product and associated processes
- Customer service experience at a senior level
- People Management - Experience of successfully leading a diverse and complex team comprising strong characters, preferably in a fast paced customer facing environment,
- Strong customer facing/relationship Management experience, sufficient to coach team members
- Ability to negotiate, reinforce a view with senior client contacts
- A balance between strategic leadership and a grasp of detail
- Ability to lead day to day activities and projects
- Strong people skills (leadership, performance management, conflict resolution)
- An accomplished coach and developer of people
- Customer portfolio planning
- Highly fluent in English and at least one other European language
- Developed analytical skills and the ability to interpret data quickly
- Opportunity to work in an international and diverse environment.
- Exposure to a wide range of internal stakeholders as well as to senior management
- Private healthcare
- Group insurance
- Private pension scheme
- Multisport program