The Client Service Officer is a trainee professional role. Requires a good knowledge of the range of processes, procedures and systems to be used in carrying out assigned tasks and a basic understanding of the underlying concepts and principles upon which the job is based. Good understanding of how the team interacts with others in accomplishing the objectives of the area. Makes evaluative judgements based on the analysis of factual information. They are expected to resolve problems by identifying and selecting solutions through the application of acquired technical experience and will be guided by precedents. Must be able to exchange information in a concise and logical way as well as be sensitive to audience diversity. Limited but direct impact on the business through the quality of the tasks/services provided. Impact of the job holder is restricted to own job.
- Take an active role in streamlining processes and delivering change initiatives
- Process all client related transactions in a professional and timely manner related to internal/external payment requests, Trade execution and all other types of transactions across banks internal systems.
- Daily cash management, problem resolutions relating to cash management, research and order processing for clients
- Understand how to execute transactions across the broad array of Citi products
- Input buy/sell orders for stocks and bonds
- Organize and track tasks, following up on pending items to ensure timely execution
- Process client credit card applications and obtain statement copies
- Adhere to all regulatory, internal Compliance and AML policy requirements
- Flag potential illegal or improper transactions and comply with all regulatory policies and control procedures
- Develop knowledge base and skills through specific internal courses
- Serve as a valued resource to team members and colleagues by sharing knowledge, information and best practices
- Work closely with Associate Bankers, Client Service Officers and Client Account Officers in initiating and booking centre locations
- Respond promptly to all requests from initiating and booking centres promptly and effectively to resolve related problems
- Minimize operational risk through appropriate quality control and procedures
- Maintain a high quality of delivery
- Provide support in training new members of the team
- Drive a service of excellence approach
- Potential requirement to travel to other CPB EMEA initiating / booking centers (London, Jersey, Geneva) for training and ongoing process improvement purposes
- Shift based hours (8 hours per shift between, 8am and 7pm) to ensure coverage across EMEA time zones.
- The successful candidate should have a broad range of product knowledge and applicants should be numerate, computer literate with the ability to understand new systems quickly.
- Industry experience within Private Banking, Financial Markets and a varied knowledge would be preferable.
- Knowledge and experience of Citi Private Bank a bonus.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines, work to tight schedules and provide a fast and efficient turnaround of tasks and problem resolutions.
- Ability to build effective working relationships across hierarchal levels and functions.
- Is aware of, and effectively manages, risk and compliance related situations in his/her area
- Numerate, analytical mind, with strong problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail
- Degree educated, preferably in a Finance, Business Management or Economics discipline, however exceptional candidates with other qualifications will be considered.