Citi Commercial Bank is dedicated to serving SME (Small & Medium Enterprise) and MME (Mid-Market Enterprise) customers with international focus. We are present in Czech Republic, Romania, Hungary, Russia, Poland, Turkey and Middle East as well as in UK, Germany, Nordics and other Western Europe countries through our International Desk.
Citi’s Commercial Bank embodies our unique purpose as the global bank of choice for trade-oriented, mid-sized companies who see us as trusted thought partners that bring simplicity in an increasingly complex world, client-centric solutions for long-term growth and pave the way for them to reach across borders and achieve their global vision.
The Client Onboarding Specialist plays an important role by acting as a Single Point of Contact for our UK Desk and CSG clients supporting and managing them through the onboarding process as well as working closely with our key internal partners.
An excellent opportunity to join the Onboarding team supporting our Commercial Subs Group and UK Desk clients covering 17 Western Europe branches working with clients and coverage partners globally.
The team manages a high volume of low, medium & high complexity deals; consequently the successful candidate will be required to manage multiple client deals simultaneously. Therefore, organizational skills and the ability to work in a focused manner under pressure are very important.
- Act as the lead business representative throughout the management of a Client on-boarding journey that is reliable, repeatable and fast; enhancing both Client and Relationship Manager Experience.
- Manage the Client onboarding experience, expectations and communications, ensuring transparency throughout the entire onboarding process both internally and externally;
- Be the driving force for improvements;
- The Client Onboarding Specialist is required to take complete ownership for the coordination of the deals. This requires them to effectively navigate the organization & leverage appropriate resources & internal stakeholders in order to execute and complete deals.
- Accurately report deal status, escalating effectively for “on hold” & slow moving deals
- Ensure strict adherence to defined quality standards & practices outlined in “best practices” collateral. Consistently achieve “excellent” rating in scheduled quality reviews.
- Effectively manage client relationships and ultimately act as trusted advisor. Enhanced client satisfaction should be reflected in positive client survey scores
- Attention to detail and comfort dealing with completing administrative work associated with deal management
- Continuously initiate & drive process enhancements
- Effective workload management/prioritization to increase capacity/productivity within the Onboarding team.
- Complete all mandatory & personal development training as stipulated by controls officer & Manager.
- Ensure 100% effective Controls results & support all audit protocols as appropriate.
- Project Manage low, medium and high complexity deals for multiple clients including top tier/platinum clients
- Oversee and coordinate all onboarding activities; being Single Point of Contact for clients and coverage partners
- Ensure that the clients are able to activate accounts and trained in the tools for Citi’s channel services;
- Ensure that all onboarding cases are logged and tracked in the CCB Onboarding Dashboard
- Laying foundations for accurate and timely reporting and trend analysis
- Ensure accurate and timely tracking and improvement of end to end Turn Around Time (TAT)
- Ensure adherence to standards/KPI’s and ensure pristine control environment maintained at all times
- Handle ad-hoc reporting in relation to Customers, Internal and/or regulatory requirements
- Meet the highest quality standards in delivery and communication with clients
- Manage the onboarding process to the Global onboarding common operating model (COM) and assist the team in implementing Onboarding related projects
- Observe highest standards of customer service and business ethics.
- Ensure Global and local compliance with all appropriate regulations, controls, banking and data privacy standards;
- Observe demands of corporate policy and Bank Regulations of internal control and standards of legislation. Ensure taking appropriate measures for elimination of possible defects and violations, identified by internal or external auditors;
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in Customer Service and account opening processes in financial services (Client facing and Commercial Banking related experience an advantage);
- Proven track record of managing client relationships and delivering high quality customer service;
- Educated to degree level or equivalent;
- Strong work ethic – willingness to take a “hands on” approach to ensuring all elements of the deal are delivered as specified
- Results orientation – evidence of proactively driving deals to conclusion
- Demonstrated strong negotiation, problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- In depth knowledge of the Client Onboarding process (AC Opening/KYC);
- Applications (Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint) with very strong computer/technical skills;
- Strong interpersonal, communication, influencing and presentation skills;
- Superior investigative and analytical skills;
- Client Focused – ability to deliver superior customer service;
- Proven record of process improvements;
- KYC/Implementation/AO experience would be of advantage for this role;
- Project management background would be beneficial
- Corporate Treasury and Cash Management knowledge
- Opportunity to work with various Citi teams and Products;
- A chance to deepen the product knowledge and market awareness;
- Exposure to complex and fact paced challenging environment;
- Exposure to Trade, Lending, FX and Cash Management products;