The Valuation Control Group (VCG) is an independent global group within Product Control responsible for reviewing and reporting fair value inventory and Collateral and Client Valuation positions consistently across all asset classes.
VCG is organized along business lines and clients of the group include Business Heads, Line Product Control, Market Risk, Model Risk, Compliance, Legal Department, Middle Office, Internal Audit, external audit firms and the regulatory bodies in countries impacted by Citi’s footprint. VCG collaborates closely with its client base to ensure complete understanding of business valuation issues and accurate execution of valuation control policy.
- Responsible for working across Product Control, Risk and Operations (Market Data/Collateral/Client Valuations) to perform IPV (Independent Price Verification) on the firm’s Collateral and Client Valuations inventory
- Responsible for all aspects of valuation control related to CCV, including validation of market data inputs, reporting and analysis
- Development of appropriate controls to effectively ensure compliance with Policies and Standards pertaining to valuation control
- Acting as first point of escalation with regards to any discrepancies and price variance threshold breaches
- Identifying pricing issues, valuation parameters or instrument types that may require particular attention with critical analysis of the valuation issues involved
- Coordinate with VCG stakeholders to ensure that all monthly reporting deadlines are met and required documentation is archived in compliance with reporting deadlines
- Assist in financial reporting related to Non FV securities.
- Active participation valuation projects through significant involvement in the UAT workstreams.
- Keep up with the market developments and use the knowledge in reviewing fair value movements.
- 1+ years of experience in Finance,
- Knowledge of finance instruments like corporate and government bonds and securitized products (Agency MBS/CMBS and Non-Agency including CLO/CDO, RMBS, Esoteric ABS, and CMBS)
- Intermediate MS Excel knowledge; programming experience is a plus
- General understanding of how collateral and lending works at a major bank.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in any finance, economics or quantitative related subject would be an asset
- Self-motivated and innovative
- Ability to prioritize to ensure deadlines are met
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to deal with a range of senior/junior staff across a number of disciplines
What we offer:
- Work in a challenging area of the financial industry with one of the world's leading companies with exposure to variety of products, processes and controls
- Cooperation with a high quality, international, multicultural and global team
- Work in a friendly and diversified environment, appreciating differences in style and perspective and using them to add value to decisions leading to organizational success
- Management supporting balanced and agile work (flexible working hours, home office)
- Attractive benefits package (Benefit System, medical care, pension plan etc.)
- A chance to make a difference with various affinity networks and charity initiatives