We are looking for an expert in employee relations to join a team of highly motivated professionals in the delivery of ER services for more than 4,000 Citi employees located in Poland.
You will be a subject matter expert on employee relations in Citi Europe PLC and use your strong analytical skills and experience to deliver best outcomes for Citi as well as its employees.
Your role will also involve managing ethics, disciplinary and grievance matters as well as implementation and updating HR-related policies and procedures. Strong working knowledge of labour laws, HR regulations and best practices is a must.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A FIXED TERM POSITION FOR THE PERIOD OF 12 MONTHS WITH A CHANCE TO EXTEND.
- Provide expert advice to the CHRO, HRPS, HRSS and other HR CoEs on complex HR matters, HR policies, exceptions and precedents. Advise stakeholders using knowledge of labour laws and regulatory requirements, in particular GDPR regulations, guidelines and practices.
- Partner with HR Teams in order to anticipate and advise on their potential ER issues.
- Provide advisory support to HRPS in individual employee cases, including low performers, redundancies and dismissal situations.
- Working with the HR team to ensure that all relevant stakeholders in countries (e.g. legal, compliance, risk, audit, CSIS) are involved in employee relations matters, where appropriate.
- Working among other employee relations peers to share best practices and ensure consistency in applying employee relations services.
- Building relationships with partners in Cluster: HR colleagues, Legal, Compliance and CSIS.
- Supporting the Employee Relations Manager, Poland on delivering ER strategy for Poland
- Support the effective implementation of Global and/or EMEA wide policies across.
- Responsible for advising on the development and maintenance of local HR policies, handbooks and employment documentation templates in a manner that meets Citi’s HR objectives and consistent with legislative requirements and Citi’s strategic priorities.
- Ensure relevant impact assessment and consultation are carried out and approvals obtained for new and amended policies / templates.
- Responsible, when required, for soliciting external / internal legal advice and distributing it accordingly on need to know basis.
- Participate / take the lead where necessary in various working groups to develop new policies, documentation, practices and systems
- Input into HR projects to ensure that the ER implications are considered and managed
- Managing employee relations vendor relationships
- Implementing regulatory requirements and working with partners to implement to highest standards
Ethics and Disciplinary Matters
- Ensure the appropriate control function stakeholders are engaged and adherence to the Global Disciplinary Policy where appropriate
- Conduct disciplinary, grievance and ethics investigations from start through to completion, including: background research, conducting investigation and interviews with all parties, producing written communications for all stages of the process, arranging and participating in disciplinary hearings and producing investigation reports for ethics matters.
- Liaise with respective HR and Business Partners to ensure recommendations / sanctions based on investigation results are addressed
- Provide dispute resolution policy information, expectation management and timely updates to all those involved in the issue including the party(ies) themselves, their managers and HRPS managers
- Identify and highlight any trends which may require further action and engage with relevant parties in order to address themes/issues
- Graduate degree, preferably with a Law degree, plus relevant work experience
- Good track record of experience within an HR/ER related environment operating at an advisory role within a fast paced and diversified environment
- Thorough working knowledge and expertise in employee relations issues
- Strong working knowledge of labour laws, HR regulations
- Good understanding of the various specialist areas within HR and their role/importance
- Experience of working in a highly complex business environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and conflict
- Excellent attention to detail and trends
- Highly self motivated individual with an ability to work autonomously
- Excellent team working skills
- Ability to multi-task within a demanding environment
- Innovation skills, creative solutions
- Ability to foster a healthy debate and accommodate different regulations and country practices
- Ability to apply ethical sound judgement in difficult situations
- Unique opportunity to lead end to end ER projects with close cooperation with senior stakeholders and HR community
- An environment conducive to developing supervisory/leadership skills and building a professional network across the organization globally
- Equal opportunity for all of our colleagues to climb up the career ladder
- Freedom to succeed in a dynamic environment: creative and innovative ideas are encouraged and recognized
- A positive and inclusive work environment in which diversity and cross-regional work-streams are key components
- A great place to be part of a socially active team: the chance to participate in regular charity events and social gatherings
- Competitive benefits package
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.