The QRS Stratergy- Model Analysis and Validation Analyst is part of the team within the Quantitative Risk and Stress Testing (QRS) organization, tasked with the local technical PMO support activities.
This role reports into the Dallas based head of the PMO team and will be required to work closely with our partners from other areas of Risk Management, Finance, Treasury, Model Risk Management, Risk Technology, and the businesses.
We are seeking an Experienced SharePoint Developer that can design, implement, configure, and administer Microsoft SharePoint. Comfortable developing and implementing multi-stage workflows based on user requirements. Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Works to redesign and automate business processes.
The person must be able to drive conversations with senior leaders and have knowledge of the end to end development process. A successful candidate must have a strong quantitative analytics background and a solid understanding of concepts of development with proven experience in delivering large change programs, with short deadlines, from initial analysis and budgeting through execution.
Knowledge of Credit Risk, Market Risk, Counterparty Risk, Credit and Obligor Risk, Risk Capital, Stress Testing as well as knowledge of banking book products and pricing is essential. Experience working with Regulators and Senior Management is a significant benefit.
The candidate must have the ability to understand and adapt to new and evolving requirements and issues and articulate a clear plan of action. Experience in analyzing requirements and preparing and prioritizing the annual slate of projects for presentation to management, the businesses and technology organizations is necessary. Hands-on experience is required in the preparation and tracking-to-plan of financial budgets, along with the ability to adjust plans/budgets in response to new priorities and budget tasks. The candidate will also be required to support the ongoing innovation initiatives for QRS, specifically pertaining to the common data infrastructure and cloud based development applications. The candidate is responsible for program implementation and management.
- Design, develop, document, and deploy all existing forms of SharePoint solutions and apps
- Implement custom SharePoint applications, workflows and Business Intelligence dashboards.
- Perform software design using software development fundamentals and processes, debug, test, and deploy software solutions.
- Experience providing hands-on troubleshooting of end-user SharePoint issues.
- Assist in documenting and developing user and technical specification documentation.
- Retrieve data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
- Collaborate with product owners, developers and stakeholders to maintain project scope for application system design.
- Monitors application operation to detect potential problems.
- Identify software errors and potential fixes; assist in adapting existing capabilities with targeted new requirements. Analyze business data and requirements to identify and recommend system modifications.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, etc.
- Develop and deliver user training
- Participate in requirements gathering sessions with customers and work through the SharePoint SDLC process to elicit user requirements, design, test, integrate, deploy, and provide out-of-the-box solutions to complex processes.
- Design Master page template and create multiple dashboard(s) within SharePoint mainly.
- Create a Microsoft Access DB and Integrate SharePoint with Microsoft Access Database. Develop and manage access DB.
- Provide recommendations to customers on how to utilize SharePoint to solve complex business problems and how to maximize automation through SharePoint.
- Be part of the project management of the overall end to end process of projects and releases for Application support including program tracking, reporting and implementation processes, communications and policies, as well as resource planning and financial oversight (including staff and technology budgets), as well as other QRS specific processes.
- Orchestrate and drive the successful and timely completion of programs to achieve the business goals, including the identification and resolution of risks and issues that affect program delivery.
- Work with Project Managers, technology and operations partners to drive the business requests.
- Identify potential pitfalls and make recommendations and solutions for proposed Business challenges.
- Perform Risk and Issue management, with a focus on bringing stakeholders together to identify and remediate risks early on.
- Ensure consistency of deliverables and artifacts across all programs in portfolio.
- Employ program processes, procedures, methods, and standards for program delivery; leverage these across the Payments organization.
- Ensure the project scope deliverables and dates for every project/ program are tracked accordingly.
- Identify, prioritize and respond to events or conditions that may impact one or more project/program objectives from being met.
- Control the scope of the project and ensure that the defined and agreed scope, as well as benefits, have been met.
- Work with our Technology partners to maintain both strategic long-term and tactical project plans, identify and communicate key project risks and work with Risk and finance on testing and roll-outs.
- Ensure that all risks and issues are communicated effectively.
- Coordinate efforts with Model Risk Management teams and Risk Governance teams.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned.
- Extensive work experience in the financial services industry; risk management experience required with knowledge in the principles of credit risk, capital markets and finance.
- Working knowledge of industry practices and standards
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- 3+ years of relevant experience within the financial services industry required
- 3-5 years of technical experience with SharePoint 2013and Microsoft Access
- Minimum 2+ years of hands on program management experiences in top financial services organizations.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills with in-depth understanding of financial models, especially the latest developments in Basel, IFRS9/CECL and CCAR.
- Knowledge of the model documentation, development and release process.
- Knowledge and expertise in Program Management, including Project Management and/or management reporting and analysis In-depth understanding of how own sub-function contributes to achieving the objectives of the function.
- Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication/negotiation may be necessary. Frequently involved with a variety of broad based and complex issues requiring conceptual thinking.
- Solution-oriented, consensus builder, strong leader and influencer with skills in negotiation.
- Significant experience in deploying organization-wide and high visibility SharePoint business solutions
- Advanced knowledge and management of SharePoint, Qlikview, databases a plusIntermediate knowledge of Sharepoint front and back end, SharePoint Designer and SharePoint access administration (governance rules, information ownership, certification, role administration, permissions etc.)
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with clients, project managers and IT stakeholders.
- Exceptional communication and strong project management experience with accountability for delivering cross functional initiatives
- Ability to manage a large number of priorities under tight timelines in a high-pressure environment; ability to influence and to drive initiatives.
- Must be well organized and able to direct a team to meet stakeholder delivery commitments.
- Evidenced partnering skills including the ability to work across various geographies and business groups.
- PMP preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, VISIO, SharePoint and other workplace productivity tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access Is highly desired
- Knowledge of Creating and Management of a Access DB
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience in quantitative field (Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Engineering)
- Professional certifications in SharePoint 2013 and/or SharePoint Online is a plus.
- Master’s degree preferred (MBA or Quantitative field), PhD a plus
- Opportunity to work in an international, multi-cultural environment
- Cooperation with a high quality team in a challenging area of the financial industry with one of the world's leading companies
- Access to the latest technologies and tools
- Opportunity to learn through participation in various projects and cross training
- Attractive conditions of employment and benefits
- High exposure coming from direct cooperation with senior management