A position exists within the Poland Finance team based in Krakow. Reporting directly to the Head of Finance for SSBI Luxembourg, the successful candidate will be part of the Legal Entity Controllership team, being responsible for all controller tasks for the Luxembourg entity. This position offers an exciting opportunity for a suitable candidate to further their career and play a key role in the Finance Department of a global financial services organization.
Scope of responsibilities:
- Oversight over monthly, quarterly and yearly closing processes and review/analysis of financial results supporting geographies, businesses and legal entities;
- Detailed analysis of legal entity financials;
- Implement and ensure compliance with Lux GAAP, US GAAP and German GAAP accounting rules;
- Ensure compliance with internal accounting policies and with the GAAPs;
- Oversight of activities in global Centre of Excellence;
- Ensure proper application of Corporate Accounting guidelines and report financial results at monthly governance meetings;
- Partner with various departments in State Street such as Global Accounting Operations (GAO), Tax, Legal, Treasury, Risk and Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) to ensure accuracy of financial results and that internal controls are appropriately designed and executed;
- Assisting in the timely delivery of finance packs to legal entity boards;
- Communicate with internal auditors, external auditors and regulators including support of banking supervision audits;
- Liaising with external counterparties and regulators;
- Participation in global finance projects and workgroups;
- Answer ad hoc queries as required – internal and external.
Skills we value:
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA qualification preferred);
- General Understanding of US GAAPs and German GAAP, Lux GAAP preferred;
- Min. 7 years of experience in related financial areas;
- Excellent PC skills: MS Excel and MS Word essential.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative and to tight deadlines;
- Strong team ethic;
- Highly organised and motivated;
- Demonstrated analytical/problem solving skills.
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway.