Product Control is the largest department in Finance primarily responsible for controllingdaily Profit and Loss reporting, Price Verification as well as accuracy and integrity of financial systems for the Institutional Clients Group. We work closely across functions (including the Trading desks, Risk Management, Operations & Technology, and other areas of Finance) and develop a deep understanding of the products traded, along with the associated market risks and accounting complexities.
Citi Private Bank is a trusted advisor to the world’s wealthiest, most influential individuals and families. Like Citi’s government, institutional and multinational corporate clients, Citi Private Bank clients receive bespoke service and access to the best ideas and solutions tailored to their unique needs and aspirations. A part of Citi’s Institutional Clients Group, Citi Private Bank offers a wide range of products and services covering capital markets, managed investments, portfolio management, trust and estate planning, investment finance and banking. Among its select clients are a third of the world’s billionaires, many of whom are globally minded entrepreneurs with an expectation of an institutional level of service, who take advantage of Citi’s holistic approach to wealth management.
What will you do as a Product Control Senior Analyst and Project Lead?
- Represent Product Control and coordinate projects and initiatives between Product Control and other areas (Business, Finance, Middle Office, Operations & Technology and Risk)
- Perform end-to-end reviews of Product Control process, such as Revenue and Balance Sheet reporting and Data Integrity controls
- Drive improvements to streamline, standardise and digitize the control infrastructure, in line with the relevant policies and procedures.
- Execute elimination of EUC tools and remediation of recurring issues through enhancement projects and system fixes
- Monitor Product Control processes which includes: analysis of new trades, associated risks and revenue sources
- Document controls and use effective escalation to ensure issues are highlighted in a timely manner.
- Act as a backup to the team manager, developing your control and supervisory skillset
What do we expect from you?
- Master’s degree and minimum of 5 years of experience (similar role is an advantage)
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Evidence of implemented process enhancements
- Experience from long-term projects
- Strong analytical and control mind-set
- Strong data analysis skills (experience in process reengineering and digitization will be an advantage)
- Ability to perform effectively within a time-pressurised environment
- Understanding of Financial and Accounting concepts
What do we offer?
- Unique opportunity to gain strong technical knowledge of a full range of banking products.
- Opportunity to participate in process reengineering and digitization
- An environment conducive to developing supervisory/leadership/presentation skills and build a professional network across the organization globally
- Equal opportunity for all of our colleagues to climb up the career ladder
- Freedom to succeed in a dynamic environment: creative and innovative ideas are encouraged and recognized
- A positive and inclusive work environment in which diversity and cross-regional work-streams are key components
- Agile working: the office is based around a state of the art flexible floor plan called ‘Citi-Works’. This delivers a positive and bright work environment.
- A great place to be part of a socially active team: the chance to participate in regular charity events and social gatherings.