Product Control is the largest department in Finance primarily responsible for controlling daily profit and loss reporting, price verification and trading activity for the Institutional Clients Group. We work closely across functions on a daily basis (including the Trading desks, Risk Management, Operations, and other areas of Finance) and develop a deep understanding of the products traded, along with the associated market risks and accounting complexities. You will be responsible for controlling P&L and BS reporting for Banking business including M&A, Equity&Debt Underwriting.
What do you do as a Product Control Analyst?
- You will be responsible for the end-to-end Product Control process. Daily P&L preparation and related activities: review and analyse new trades, associated risks and the P&L generated, Also understand and analyse the P&L coming from market moves on the existing portfolio of trades
- Work closely with all areas of the Finance department, liaising with the Trading Desk, Risk Management, Operations, Middle Office and IT teams
- Develop your controls and supervisory skillset: challenge and coach team members and ensure their daily work corresponds to the highest standards
- Use effective escalation to ensure issues are highlighted in a timely manner. Focus on recurring issues and drive through enhancement projects and systems fixes
- Support standardization efforts and also work on ad-hoc projects to implement process improvement ideas
- Develop an enquiring and questioning mind-set.
What do we expect from our Product Control Analyst?
- Minimum of 1.5 years of experience in Finance (similar role is an advantage)
- University/College degree in Finance/Accounting is an advantage but not a must and we are open to other majors
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Interest in Capital Markets is a plus
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Control focus
- Strong PC skills in Excel, Word. Training will be provided on other in house and industry standard systems used within this position.
What do we offer?
- Work in a challenging area of the financial industry with one of the world's leading companies with exposure to variety of products, processes and controls
- Cooperation with a high quality, international, multicultural and global team
- Work in a friendly and diversified environment, appreciating differences in style and perspective and using them to add value to decisions leading to organizational success
- Management supporting balanced and agile work (flexible working hours, home office)
- Attractive benefits package (Benefit System, medical care, pension plan etc.)
- A chance to make a difference with various affinity networks and charity initiatives
Please note that the position is a fixed term contract for a year.