Is it your desire to be part of a premier group of technology specialists that can make the difference within Citi?
This position provides a career opportunity by managing and driving the activities related to the Major Incident Management (IcM) process for Citi’s franchise critical applications and services. You will collaborate directly by engaging, assessing, commanding, and controlling major incidents where financial, reputation, and/or legal/regulatory impact to Citi is at risk.
How do we make a difference? By understanding Citi's lines of business including customer segment, franchise critical services and developing a keen understanding of the applications and infrastructure components that support those business and service functions, making our team a valuable contributor for the organization by minimizing impact and time to restore business services.
You will support more senior incident managers and provide the means to resolve unplanned interruptions and restore services as rapidly as possible and driving all activities to make that occur. We as a group ensure that the appropriate communications are sent to senior management keeping them advised of the incident and of the client impact.
Will you be making important and meaningful decisions in this role that will have positive impact in Citi?
Yes! That is a must in our group as you will show the team your major/enterprise incident management experience and/or a deep and understanding/knowledge of the organization businesses, to influence elite ‘specialists’ in multiple disciplines and areas of expertise (business and/or platform aligned) to drive actions for prompt remediation.
You as an associate need to also count with a good knowledge and experience working with enterprise technologies, such as distributed services (server and database), network, mainframe, middleware (message queues, ESBs), storage, web architecture, and virtualization.
You will be a valuable associate and support the continued evolution of our team and will be challenged to develop Incident Management functions, processes and procedures to ensure end-to-end service quality and “industry-best” customer service.
What do we need from our partners fitting this position?
Along with the valuable individuals in our squad, you as a skillful man/woman associate are responsible for leading core activities and procedures with high quality and service attitude. Some of the specific daily tasks that the Incident Manager is engaged with are:
- Triage the support teams for expedited troubleshooting within a technical and business bridges
- Create summaries for senior management on Critical Major Incidents.
- Priority determination based on reported information as well as sensitive to future impact and risk to customers/stakeholders.
- Supports informational major incidents for repeatable events within the organization.
- Performs L1 and L2 activities and drives towards mastering each ICM tasks.
- Providing continuous status as senior requests and to the technical and business organizations.
- Provide and document input for Root Cause Analysis.
- Perform escalation of executive representation whenever needed (Business, Technical, Sr. Management)
- Running Senior interaction at any level and challenge handling
The ideal associate for our agile family of experts needs to know about:
- Enterprise incident control experience across IT disciplines
- A fundamental understanding of Citi’s lines of businesses (Consumer and Institutional)
- Good understanding of transactional banking preferred
- Knowledge of a wide-range of enterprise technologies, including but not limited to Distributed services (UNIX, LINUX, Windows, AS400, etc.), SQL and Oracle database, Network and Telephony infrastructure, Mainframe hardware and platforms, Middleware, Storage, cloud-based file sharing, Proxy servers, web architecture and various virtualization infrastructure.
- Knowledgeable in Enterprise Service Management tools platforms such as ServiceNow
Some of the top abilities you'll need are:
- Critical Thinking
- Deductive Reasoning
- Problem Solving
- Commanding presence on the call
- Active and Agile Listening
- Maintaining a professional demeanor and attitude while being aggressive
- Ability and confidence to act with decisiveness on critical decisions
- Exercise influence over a wide variety of technical & business leadership personnel.
- Ability to multi-task and make good judgments in a dynamic, high stress environment.
- Ability to challenge information if the response does not fit the situation
- Excellent telephone oral communication skills, strong written English
- Good interpersonal & relationship building abilities
- Ability to learn and develop quickly in a fast paced environment
- Shift oriented resulting in work across one or more shifts in a 24x7x365 operational team
- Drive support teams to address and resolve outages in an expedited manner
- Ensure all Incidents are accurately documented within ServiceNow records.
- Collaborate to identify opportunities for improving Our process “Faster, Better, Cheaper”
- Help establish, cultivate, and nurture relationships with global business and technology organizations
- Participate technology, business unit, and organizational knowledge year over year.
- Experience in running major incidents / situations / crisis events in a large, complex enterprise environment
- Technical experience as a contributor role in an application support or infrastructure organization
- Experienced on interacting with a demanding customer focused service delivery organization
- Understanding of ITIL methodologies and proficient in the ITIL v3 framework
- Industry recognized trouble shooting methodology to be able to ask the right questions
- Experience working in an IT Operations Command Center or Network Operations Center (NOC) for large enterprises
- University undergraduate BS/BA degree preferred
- ITIL v3 Certification(s)
- Multi-lingual in English, Spanish, Portuguese a significant plus