We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to work within the Valuation Control Group as senior analyst in Global Securities & Digital Initiatives team.
The candidate must have a strong understanding of the valuation of financial instruments, implementing/maintaining an effective control framework, along with regulatory developments and global account standards that impact financial valuations.
The role will cover valuation control of the global securities inventory as well as coordination of projects covering digital tools implementation and introduction of new system solutions. It will require strong communication skills and teamwork across multiple locations and departments. The candidate will work in dynamic environment where creative and innovative ideas are encouraged and recognized.
Due to the technical nature of the role and the high-volume nature of the business, the successful candidate will demonstrate an aptitude in discussing the technical aspects of valuations to pose a credible challenge to the business.
The Valuation Control Group (VCG) is an independent global group within Product Control responsible for reviewing and reporting fair value inventory consistently across multiple regions and instrument types.
VCG is organized along business lines and clients of the group include Business Heads, Line Product Control, Market Risk, Model Risk, Compliance, Legal Department, Middle Office, Internal Audit, external audit firms and the regulatory bodies in countries impacted by Citi’s footprint. VCG collaborates closely with its client base to ensure complete understanding of business valuation issues and accurate execution of valuation control policy.
- Responsible for working across Product Control, Risk, Operations and Business to perform IPV
- Developing and carrying out price testing for securities
- Developing valuation adjustments methodologies and performing relevant calculations
- Compilation of data to produce detailed Valuation reports for Desk Heads, Controllers and Risk summarizing the valuation control results across the Business
- Ensuring appropriate regulatory reporting on monthly basis
- Creating and maintaining relevant process documentation
- Enhancing existing control framework by reviewing pricing processes, assessing potential coverage developments and implementing new tools to enhance control efficiency
- Developing strong working relationships with the Desk, Finance, Audit, Quant and Market Risk partners throughout the firm
- Ad-hoc projects that arise relating to further streamlining (or retirement) of existing systems or assisting in the introduction of new systems
- Performing ad hoc analysis on any new pricing issues
- Coordinate globally and ensure consistent independent valuation methodologies are applied
- Ensuring timely remediation of regulatory matters requiring attention, audit findings and associated reporting demands associated with the area of responsibility
- Development of appropriate controls to effectively ensure compliance with Policies and Standards pertaining to valuation control
- Acting as first point of escalation with regards to any discrepancies and price variance threshold breaches
- Play a lead role in key valuation projects through significant involvement in the UAT workstreams.
- Keep up with the market developments and use the knowledge in reviewing fair value movements.
- Review changes to front office pricing models and provide sign-off from valuation control standpoint.
- minimum of 5 years of experience in finance (similar role is an advantage)
- Comprehensive understanding of financial markets and valuation methodologies applicable to the pricing of liquid and illiquid investments
- Understanding of current global accounting and regulatory developments pertaining to valuation of financial instruments
- Proficient in MS Excel; Programming experience (python, VBA, others) is a plus
- Strong data analysis and quantitative skills (experience in process reengineering and digitization will be an advantage)
- Proficient verbal and written English
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to deal with a range of senior/junior staff across a number of disciplines
Master’s degree in any finance, economics or quantitative related subject
Exceptional candidates who do not meet above criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience