Simpliciti is Citi’s risk engine in use today for interest rate derivatives providing risk, PnL, and PAA data to a number of Markets businesses. The application serves a wide variety of stakeholders such as Traders, Risk Managers and Financial Controllers and its mission is to provide accurate and timely valuations of trades and their sensitivity to market factors.
XiP is a cross-asset platform for building real-time risk systems. XiP offers an ecosystem of common and business-specific services that together will power Citi’s Risk Systems of the future. XiP will simplify regulatory compliance, valuation consistency and efficiency. XiP is powered by XiNG which is a strategic cross-asset quant library standardisation initiative designed to provide consistent interfaces to Markets Quant Analysis (MQA) valuation services that work in the same way for all Markets products. XiNG requires input data, and produces results, in a standardised format. Rates and other Markets Technology teams are all responsible for serving these inputs to Independent Risk and Finance processes via XiNG Data, and serving all new official risk and valuation results via the XiNG Risk Store (XRS). These applications are part of XiP.
As part of a team dedicated to the analysis, development, testing and roll out of business facing changes, the Rates Risk Team is looking to on-board a Rates Risk XiP Product Owner. The Product Owner will create the product vision and guide the team as they work to make the vision a reality. The right person will help drive projects extending the Simpliciti platform aligned with Front Office, Finance, and Risk Management initiatives for the Rates business. The responsibility of the Rates Risk XIP Product Owner will be to own all Rates deliverables which are tied to the integration with the strategic XiNG Platform.
This is a challenging and exciting opportunity to work within Rates Risk Technology, cooperating with multiple technology organizations to develop this strategically important platform.
- SME for Rates Risk including the current architecture, business use cases, data for valuations inputs (e.g., trades/positions and market data), risk results, etc.
- The scope will extend across the Rates Trading Book population and the Rates and Currencies xVA population.
- Set the XiP integration vision and plan for Rates Risk.
- Sit in all XiNG working groups and forums representing Rates and ensuring this cross asset strategy is in sync with the Rates Risk strategy.
- Create a process for Rates to be aligned to the cross asset XiNG structure.
- Partner with other asset class risk teams and the XiP team to help define the cross asset XiNG plans.
- Working closely with our business facing teams in Rates to define our plans and solutions to provide a stable, agile, and user friendly strategic risk platform.
- Liaise with internal development teams including the common platform team to drive towards a world class risk application
- Deliver an architecture which will facilitate cumulative functionality to increase at a higher rate than it does today
- Deliver clear user stories so that the team understands the work while at the same time capturing the task’s intent.
- Clearly communicate a vision that aligns the team around a common motivating purpose.
- Work in a leading banking environment on a modern risk system software development
- Develop and gain an understanding of full software development lifecycle
- Develop and gain an advanced understanding of Rates business, markets, products & flows
- Advance knowledge of market and credit risk measures, processes and systems.
- Demonstrable experience in communicating with business users, ideally within the financial industry.
- Demonstrable experience in actively contributing to project delivery for both small and large scale projects.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written.
- Ability to apply sound technical skills and knowledge of the Rates business to develop creative solutions to meet client and business needs.
- Knowledge of financial derivatives pricing and risk, ideally of interest rate derivatives.
- Experience of working with commercial or in-house quant pricing libraries.
- Strong prioritization skills.
Primary technical skill core requirements: Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Basic understanding of core concepts, such as, object orientation, design patterns and architecture principles, as well as agile development practices, such as, test-first, refactoring, and continuous integration.
- Comfortable with data and can put the various points together to make smart decisions and see the big picture.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles driving a scalable application is a plus.
Software engineering skills:
- Knowledge of Agile and Scrum.
- Opportunity for professional development in the international and multicultural organization
- Developing opportunities and challenging assignments
- Attractive and stable employment conditions
- Social benefits (medical care, Benefit System, life insurance, pension scheme)
- Flexible working hours
- Partial Remote work possible