Who we are looking for
The AVP of Procurement is an important role within State Street’s Global Procurement Team and is responsible for development and implementation of the category strategy for Market Data Services. Category manager will be a part of the global category strategy team that develops and implements an effective, creative and functional category strategies.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Sourcing Manager – Market Data Services you will
- Develop and implement an effective, creative and functional market data strategy in line with business unit/corporate goals.
- Support the business and drive vendor strategy and work with colleagues through the contract negotiation process in alignment with the enterprise.
- Lead negotiations in complex, high impact or volatile situations involving high business risk, and achieve optimal price/performance and price/quality ratio to realize structural savings.
- Serve as escalation contact for internal stakeholders and external providers as required
- Work with internal teams to ensure a streamlined sourcing process, minimizing time to market for new market data requests, and ensure contract and licensing obligations meet the business needs.
- Engage and work closely with business partners and management on strategic sourcing requirements cultivate 3rd party relationships, coordinating data and functionality requirements, projects, priorities, and timelines in order to develop the appropriate solutioning advice. addition to driving the commercial aspects of these vendor engagements.
- Participate in relevant industry groups, representing State Street, and track and communicate industry trends and market intelligence back to our stakeholders.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Minimum 3+ years’ prior market data industry experience desired
- Must be organized, detail oriented, responsive and be able to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing environment.
- Technically proficient on standard business applications and able to learn new technologies as they relate to this role.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and proven ability to work independently and within a team.
- Demonstrated ability to develop highly functioning business relationships at senior levels both within and outside the organization.
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Sales, Relationship Management experience a plus
- Experience with the asset management industry is a plus.
- Fully remote work possibility
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Additional holiday entitlement
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway