As an Accounting, Financial Reporting and Consolidation Supervisor you will join our Alternatives Investment Funds Team. In this role you will be responsible for the supervision and review of work of a team of 3 to 4 accountants in charge of their day to day responsibilities: stand-alone accounting and financial reporting of entities within the Alternative Investments Funds structures (“AIF”), mostly Real Estate Funds. Additionally, you will perform consolidations of Alternative Investment Funds with the assistance of the Team Leader and assist in the consolidated Financial Reporting of the AIF structures. As part of the supervisory responsibilities you will be responsible of all aspects relating to staff management like people coaching, development and retention.
If you are looking to push your career to the next level, introduce yourself by submitting your resume.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Supervision and review of full general ledger accounting of companies under group/fund GAAP (IFRS) and Lux GAAP
- Reviewing financial reporting to internal parties (BBH) and external clients. Reviewing annual statutory financial statements according to IFRS or Lux GAAP
- Preparing annual consolidated financial statements of funds under IFRS or Lux GAAP
- Communicating with clients on a regular basis, acting as a key contact, ensuring timely and accurate responses to any queries
- Liaising with auditors and tax advisors and coordinating the supply of information and responses to queries
- Ensuring efficient operation of daily processing and functions, advise on workflow improvements.
- Manage and supervise a team of senior and junior accountants
- Keeping team-members informed of new industry developments relating to accounting and financial reporting requirements
- Establishing efficient workflow standards, providing ongoing feedback and conducting (semi) annual performance reviews
- University degree preferably in Accounting / Finance related discipline
- At least 4 years of experience in general ledger accounting/group accounting or audit (this position is particularly appropriate for a qualified accountant with experience outside the investment funds industry or for someone with audit experience)
Strong numerical ability and analytical skills
- Ability to work with respect to periodic deadlines in client-driven environment
- Ability to work with a limited direct supervision, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Solid oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong reviewing skills
- Ability to embrace change on multiple level including technology, clients groups
- Critical thinking and focus on process efficiency
Collaborative nature and foster team spirit
- Experience in coordinating work of others
- Good understanding of financial/accounting principles, including IFRS knowledge
- Professional accountancy qualification would be a huge asset (qualified or part qualified)
- Fluent English skills
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective.
- Employment stability with indefinite contract from day one.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.