As a Financial Accounting and Consolidation Expert you will join our Alternatives Investment Funds Team. In this role you will be responsible for stand-alone accounting and financial reporting of entities within the Alternative Investments Funds structures (“AIF”), mostly Real Estate and Debt Funds. Additionally, you will perform consolidations of Alternative Investment Funds with the assistance of the Team Leader and prepare consolidated Financial Reporting of the structures.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Independently produce full general ledger accounting and financial reporting for external clients, including statutory financial statements according to IFRS or Lux GAAP
- Review of work prepared by junior staff
- Perform full consolidation of group structures
- Prepare annual consolidated financial statements under IFRS or Lux GAAP
- Ensure accuracy, timeliness and completeness of all client related tasks
- Act as key client contact for day-to-day accounting tasks and related queries
- Act as main contact for external auditors/tax advisors as part of annual financial audits
- Ensure efficient operation of daily processing and functions, advise on workflow improvements
- Provide expert advice and knowledge support to the team, deliver accounting training as needed
- University degree preferably in Accounting / Finance related discipline
- At least 4 years of experience in general ledger accounting/group accounting or audit (this position is particularly appropriate for a qualified accountant with experience outside the investment funds industry or for someone with audit experience)
Strong numerical ability and analytical skills
- Ability to work with respect to periodic deadlines in client-driven environment
- Ability to work with a limited direct supervision, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Solid oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong reviewing skills
- Ability to embrace change on multiple level including technology, clients groups
- Critical thinking and focus on process efficiency
- Good understanding of financial/accounting principles, including IFRS knowledge
- Professional accountancy qualification would be a huge asset (qualified or part qualified)
- Fluent English skills
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective.
- Employment stability with indefinite contract from day one.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.