Do you love to create engaging blog posts and visualizations? Are you fascinated by both data and virality? Join a team of talented and intelligent explorers and express your passion for informative storytelling.
We are looking for a creative and technical-minded storyteller to produce and edit English language tutorials, blog posts, and interactive content for our blog. The topics we cover are largely centered around R Shiny, Machine Learning, and climate change. Here is an example of the kind of ambitious content that we would like to create.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for writing and prior knowledge of business intelligence, data science, or machine learning topics (especially RStudio / R Shiny). Prior experience in tech journalism, SEO, video editing, content marketing, or social media management is a plus, but not required.
This is an opportunity to join one of the world’s most influential data science companies and collaborate on content with Fortune 500 companies. You will be exposed to a wide variety of client projects in different industries and will have the opportunity to develop both your technical skills and content creation skills. Appsilon is a place to innovate, experiment, and have fun.
You must include an English writing sample or portfolio with your application to be considered. The writing sample can be technical documentation, an academic paper, a blog post about a technical / academic / business topic, etc. We will also accept examples of video content, viral content, tutorials, websites you’ve written copy for, or social media accounts that you have grown.
You will be responsible for:
- Writing and editing original content in English for our blog on data science, R Shiny, and machine learning topics
- Updating our content archives and re-working old content for new digital products such as white papers
- Preparing abstracts and presentation materials for conferences and webinars
- Helping with partnership initiatives with companies like RStudio and Domino
- Managing our weekly newsletter
- Assisting our AI For Good Initiative
- Recording video tutorials and gifs to distribute via our newsletter or social channels
- Managing our social media channels including LinkedIn, Reddit, and Twitter
- Near-native English Skills (C1 or higher)
- Polish language skills are not required
- High-quality English writing sample or portfolio
- Background in data science, machine learning, or web development
- Familiarity with R Shiny, Computer Vision, or the capacity to quickly learn new technical skills
Nice to Have:
- Basic knowledge of Content Marketing, SEO, and SEM
- Familiarity with WordPress or similar CMS
- An understanding of how to structure content for SEO and content marketing
- Video production or video editing Experience
- Google Data Studio, Google Analytics, and Google Search Console
- Experience with SEMRush and other SEO tools
- WordPress and Mailchimp
- Social Listening tools such as BuzzSumo/Sprinklr
- Social Media Management Experience
- Demonstrated ability to grow a LinkedIn, Facebook, or Twitter account
What We Offer:
- Employment type: we’re flexible – you can choose between permanent employment and B2B. Part-time work is also possible.
- Highly positive company culture
- Personal Development Budget
- Working in a company that has a real impact on the world. More on https://appsilon.com/ai-for-good/
- Company retreats
- Private health care
- Sport/culture card
- Flat structure
- Flexible working hours
- Flexibility to work remotely