The Sec & Derivatives Sr. Mgr. is a senior management level position responsible for accomplishing results through the management of a team or department in an effort to process orders and transactions originating from trading desks and branch offices in coordination with the Operations - Transaction Services team. The overall objective of this role is to ensure the seamless delivery of securities and derivatives transactions.
- Develop and implement business initiatives, client solutions, or projects affiliated with securities and derivatives settlement
- Solve complex inquiries, conduct discovery and complete due diligence activities for client requests
- Provide detailed analysis of escalated issues when necessary and recommend actions for resolution
- Contribute to processing standards and expectations for securities and derivatives processing teams
- Develop and implement business plans, policies, and procedures that offer solutions and cost saving opportunities
- Manage daily performance related to securities and derivatives post-settlement activities of operations processes
- Propose solutions to implement settlement process improvements, client service enhancements, or overall technology enhancements
- Coordinate with internal and external clients to assess service quality and identify areas for improvement
- Act as an advisor to new/junior staff
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years of relevant experience
- People management experience
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Licensing/registration: Series 9 would be an additional asset but not a must
- Bachelor’s Degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.