Senior Oracle Developer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you a passionate engineer/data analyst that loves all things data and database technologies? Do you have strong Oracle skills? Are you experienced with PostgreSQL and UNIX Scripting? Then we’re looking for someone like you to strengthen our engineering team to help:
• develop and implement database solutions by analyzing business functional/technical requirements
• get involved in requirements-gathering activities, like evaluating services, using a variety of internal and external data and provide inputs and solutions based on current and target state of the application
• support the technical development lead and global team by working on the prioritized changes and ensure delivery of well tested, signed-off and fit-for-purpose solutions
• follow and contribute to Postgres best practices
• assist in quality control and project management
• identify and work with end users, business analysts and systems impacted by functional and non-functional requirements
• collaborate with other global IT and cross-functional teams to work towards global IT solutions
You’ll be working in the Compliance & Operational Risk IT team based in Krakow. In recent years, regulatory requirements for firms in the financial services industry have become more comprehensive and complex. Litigations are continuously on the rise, violations are being vigorously investigated and a number of firms have faced highly publicized and expensive sanctions.
Our role is to design and implement innovative IT solutions that ensure these complex regulatory requirements are tracked through to solution as well as provide any information necessary to stakeholders to ensure all requirements are ultimately satisfied. We are a global IT team with locations in the United States, Switzerland, Poland and India while supporting internal clients throughout the world.
• university degree in technical area
• min. 3 years of experience as Oracle (PL/SQL) developer
• performance tuning experience in Oracle (PL/SQL) databases and PostgreSQL (nice to have)
• comfortable in a Linux based server environment
• basic knowledge of Continuous Integration, Github and DevOps
• deep understanding of all aspects of the application development and support life cycle
• strong skills in analysis, design, development, testing and support/troubleshooting with deep specialist skills in database, Unix scripting, reporting, data modelling and data warehousing technologies
• fluent in development methods, tools and techniques, system
• well-developed business communication skills – both written and verbal
• fluent English skills
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.