Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
We are currently looking for an experienced Tax professional speaking fluent Italian for join our Country Tax Team. The role is based in our Krakow center but it is part of our global tax structures with reporting lines to Head of Filing & Reporting and Country Tax Lead for Italy.
The Country Tax Team is responsible for entire corporate tax management (from shaping to litigation) relating to the Italy fiscal regime for upstream & downstream businesses. The incumbent will be a part of the Country Tax Team with 2 key responsibility areas: Tax Advisory & Litigation and Stakeholder Management.
1. Tax Advisory and Litigation
• Ensure provision of concise, accurate, comprehensive, intelligible and timely Italy tax advice to Shell Stakeholders (example changes in tax laws & business, withholding taxes, permanent establishments, tax residency, liquidations, etc.);
• Carefully identify tax planning / savings opportunities, align various stakeholders and deliver tax values efficiently (reference PROMs);
• Provide timely and accurate routine corporate tax advisory support (example withholding tax rates, tax codes, review of contracts, input assurances, etc.) to businesses and Tax Operations;
• Deliver first time right quarter-end reporting activities (such as operation and management of relevant tax controls, uncertain tax positions, DTA memos, LE/OP support, QUN, etc.) as per group tax reporting guidelines;
• Define corporate tax litigation strategies for open years (i.e. on-going litigations) with guidance from the Country Tax Lead, work with various internal stakeholders and execute the strategy efficiently (including representation before the Italian Revenue Agency - IRA);
• Prepare appropriate local Transfer Pricing documentation and supporting materials;
• Assist CTL in CFFO improvement initiatives, (through thought leadership, planning, stakeholder alignment and rigorous follow up with IRA);
• Assist with relationship with IRA under “enhanced taxpayer relationship” principles;
• Support Country Tax Lead in delivery of Tax Score Card; and
• Establish and maintain good working relations statutory auditors, tax advisory and law firms.
2. People and stakeholder management:
• Become a trusted and valued member of the Country Tax team and the various asset/project teams;
• Proactively engage and maintain strong stakeholder and business connectivity; and
• Ensure correct and timely escalations of exceptions or tolerance/variances and their resolution with the Finance Operations /business.
• Recognized professional qualification and a member of a recognized accounting or legal body with minimum 7 years of corporate tax experience working with professional firms or multinational firms;
• Business proficiency in Italian and English language is required;
• Strong corporate tax knowledge (Italy tax knowledge preferred) with experiences in management of tax controversy;
• Effective influencing and communication skills both written and oral (ability to explain complex tax concepts in layman language is critical);
• Efficient project management and tax prioritization skills;
• Working knowledge of various ERP systems and excellent MS Office skill;
• Ability to coach and impart such skills in the team.
Number of Vacancies:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects