Citi is looking for a developer who will work on a platform for data access, preparation and analytics to empower business, technology and quantitative users. The platform integrates with different data stores and tools that enable the discovery, access, and visualization of the data. The goal is to breakdown the traditional barriers that split data by asset class, region or entity and provide users the ability to work with data across these boundaries. The developer will be part of a global team with presence in Warsaw and other Citi locations.
- Design and development of various components in the big data analytics platform.
- Participate in all phases of development process and analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation as well as provide user and operational support on applications to business users.
- Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions
- Ensure essential procedures are followed.
- Follow Citi’s engineering standards for different phases of software development, using tools such as Jira, git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, TeamCity, UrbanCode Deploy.
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level developers.
- Operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and/or other team members.
- The job requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex material from multiple sources.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in software development
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Understanding of distributed systems concepts and principles
- Proficient understanding of Python
- Experience with the following technologies would be desired/would be a plus:
- Airflow, Flask, NumPy, Pandas, Jupyter
- Docker, Kubernetes
- HDFS, YARN, Hadoop
- JVM, Scala
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree (in science, computers, information technology or engineering) or equivalent experience.
- Opportunity for professional development in the international and multicultural organization
- Developing opportunities and challenging assignments
- Attractive and stable employment conditions
- Social benefits (medical care, Benefit System, life insurance, pension scheme)
- Flexible working hours
- Partial Remote work possible