The Fraud Risk Senior Analyst is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
- Guards against intelligent, adaptive perpetrators of financial crime and manage strategic risk analytical projects for bank's portfolios, including assets, online banking, 3D Secure and Digital Wallets space.
- Develops and implements effective Fraud detection and prevention strategies to mitigate fraud losses while ensuring an appropriate balance between riskbank's and customer experience.
- Proactively identifies fraud detection issues at the strategy and portfolio level and provide analytical/modeling solutions.
- Leverages customer data to build risk segmentation and mitigation strategies.
- Evaluates new tools and products that enhance risk detection and prevention.
- Act as primary interface with internal and external partners to evaluate new tools to build detection and analytical capabilities.
- Applies subject matter expertise to the prioritization and planning of projects in conjunction with fraud management policies and strategies.
- Interacts with Policy, Operations, and other functional business partners to optimize business strategies.
- Ensures adherence to strict audit and control requirements; participate in audit related activities and assist Citi Retails Services Fraud Analytics Team Lead with completion of the audit and compliance related activities.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years previous Fraud area related experience required
- Previous experience in statistical analysis with working knowledge of at least one of the following statistical software packages: SAS/SQL (preferred), SPSS, or equivalent4+ years of analytical and data mining experience preferably
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
The role of Fraud Risk Senior Analyst is located at Bank Handlowy S.A. in Warsaw: