The EMEA Enterprise Technology Sourcing Lead is a member of the Global EIO&T Sourcing team that identifies and leads complex, cross-functional strategic sourcing and contracting initiatives within the Enterprise Technology expense categories including Core Infrastructure Hardware, Software, Network Services, End User Services and IT Professional Services. As a member of the global sourcing team, this role will lead and support global and regional initiatives as well as provide local management oversight to the EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) region based team members.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience leading complex sourcing initiatives and negotiating contracts across Technology products and services in a complex multinational organization as well as managing a team in a remote virtual environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop, lead and/or manage a robust portfolio of Global and Regional initiatives for Enterprise Technology categories across the end-to-end sourcing and contracting process, including:
- establishment of the cross-functional project team,
- development of the requirements and spend baseline,
- performance or market research / analysis,
- formulation of the sourcing strategy,
- development of the RFx materials,
- facilitation of the evaluation & scoring of supplier proposals,
- confirmation of completion of required due diligence,
- negotiation of contract terms and conditions,
- packaging and routing of the contract for execution, and
- administration of contract records.
- Provide local management oversight to the EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) region based team members potentially distributed across various country office locations in a remote virtual environment providing coaching and mentoring. EMEA based team members are aligned with global category teams and may have dual reporting lines to other Global Category leads. A key facet of the management role is to support the Global Category leads; ensuring successful strategy and execution within the EMEA region across the team.
- Establish strong relationships with internal business stakeholders including Citi Technology Infrastructure (CTI) both at a Global level and within the EMEA region; build a strong understanding of strategic business direction, requirements and priorities across assigned suppliers and/or spend categories.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of Citi’s policies and procedures related to supplier selection, contracting and ongoing management, ensuring all requirements are met and documented throughout the end-to-end process.
- Lead category and supplier management forums, building and fostering the development of a cohesive, high-performing global sourcing team.
- Develop, implement and manage robust market analyses / benchmarking processes; leverage key insights to inform and support the category strategy process.
- Perform financial modeling and lead the development and execution of negotiation strategies for high-value and complex multi-year deals.
- Manage key supplier relationships with a focus on quality, service, delivery, risk and cost.
- 10+ years of previous Sourcing and Contracting experience; significant experience required in the sourcing of Enterprise Technology Product and Professional Services categories.
- Proven managerial experience in a multi-national organization including virtual remote environment
- Knowledge and experience with Procurement applications (e.g. eRFx, eAuction, P2P)
- Experience working in a large, global, highly matrixed organization
- Financial Services industry experience is a plus
- Proven track record of leading large, complex sourcing and/or contracting initiatives
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and time-management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Strong financial modeling and deal structuring skills
- Takes initiative and has the ability to effectively organize, multi-task and prioritize a wide array of initiatives
- Aptitude for innovation
- High integrity and ethics
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required
- Master’s degree is preferred