The Product Control Manager is an intermediate management level position responsible for providing full leadership and direction to a team of employees in an effort to ensure the completeness, accuracy and integrity of the Treasury's books and records in coordination with the Finance team. The overall objective of this role is to control and support data integrity and general ledger reconciliation, profit attribution and new activity analysis, valuation control and product P&L and balance sheet reporting.
- Provide operational direction to Finance team
- Assist with contributing to the development of new techniques, models and plans
- Resolve varied and substantial issues that potentially impact the business
- Perform detailed analysis on issues and recommended solutions, as appropriate
- Analyze information utilizing in-depth knowledge of industry practices and procedures
- Escalate anomalies and issues efficiently and on time
- Supervise, motivate, and develop the team, ensuring the quality of deliverables meets or exceeds expectations
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Working with other areas of the bank on initiatives such as Volcker Reporting.
- Ensuring interest revenues on the hedging trades executed by Traders are correctly allocated to businesses across Bank.
- Reviewing new trades, understanding the structure, associated risks and the P&L generated on them.
- Ad hoc projects that arise relating to further streamlining of processes or strengthening controls.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Very Good understanding of products traded by the Treasury desk: a range of securities products, money market, FX and Interest Rate Derivatives
- Very good command of Microsoft Excel and Access. Ability to operate and analyse large sets of data
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of core controls
- Ability to interpret financial information.
- Ability to put knowledge of financial principle into P&L and Profit Attribution analysis
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Fluent English
- Master’s degree in one of the areas: Mathematics, Quantitative Methods, Economics, Econometrics, Finance, Banking, Accounting, Computer Science would be an asset
What we offer:
- Work in a challenging area of the financial industry with one of the world's leading companies with exposure to variety of products, processes and controls
- Cooperation with a high quality, international, multicultural and global team
- Work in a friendly and diversified environment, appreciating differences in style and perspective and using them to add value to decisions leading to organizational success
- Management supporting balanced and agile work (flexible working hours, home office)
- Attractive benefits package (Benefit System, medical care, pension plan etc.)
- A chance to make a difference with various affinity networks and charity initiatives