At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge, that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Senior Fund Accountant
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Senior Fund Accountant to join our Team. In this role you will be responsible for assisting the Supervisor with daily control review of specialized processing, exception resolution, and reconciliation activities of the business line's net asset value (NAV) execution duties including: transactions, capital stock, expenses, corporate actions, cash and special handling. You will also provide training, guidance, and coverage for Fund Accountants to ensure daily accounting deliverables are timely and accurate.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Processing as necessary based on team workloads.
- Ensure daily output standards for both quality and timeliness are met.
- Manage daily production reporting.
- Monitor and assist in the resolution of issues. Follow up on open inquiries.
- Interact with other BBH departments on resolution of issues.
- Review and verify work of team members. Approve/provide sign off of a team member’s work.
- Provide training, in coordination with the Supervisor, for the development of team members.
- Gain efficiencies to improve individual productivity.
- Manage multiple tasks and/or projects efficiently despite resource and time constraints.
- B/BA degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 years of fund accounting, custody, securities processing or other industry experience.
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office skills.
- Research, analysis and problem resolution skills.
- Organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team environment, communicate professionally through effective verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work on Polish Holidays.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.