The Risk Reporting Intmd Analyst is a developing professional role. Deals with most problems independently and has some latitude to solve complex problems. Integrates in-depth specialty area knowledge with a solid understanding of industry standards and practices. Good understanding of how the team and area integrate with others in accomplishing the objectives of the subfunction/ job family. Applies analytical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and methodologies. Requires attention to detail when making judgments and recommendations based on the analysis of factual information. Typically deals with variable issues with potentially broader business impact. Applies professional judgment when interpreting data and results. Breaks down information in a systematic and communicable manner. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information. Moderate but direct impact through close contact with the businesses' core activities. Quality and timeliness of service provided will affect the effectiveness of own team and other closely related teams.
- Contributes to the analysis and preparation of reports for Internal Management, Regulators, Auditors, etc. that detail risks inherent in Credit, Market, Operational or other Risk Portfolios. Reporting can cover a variety of areas including but not limited to: portfolio concentrations, limit exceptions, stress testing, loss reserves or high-risk exposures. Roles
- Assists in Credit Bureau Reporting initiatives.
- Participates in preparing regular and time-sensitive ad-hoc deliverables to the regulators and senior managements, closely working with industry and regional senior portfolio managers
- Provides information to Risk Management and the business for audit, stress testing and ad-hoc related queries.
- Develops and maintains close working relationship with Risk Management, Business Units and other Control functions. Raise, investigate and follow-up on issues related to data quality, limit excesses, etc.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2-5 years work experience in finance or a related control discipline (e.g. Risk Management, Financial Control, Audit, Operations, etc.)
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential. Microsoft Excel skills and the ability to quickly develop advanced knowledge of MS Excel and Access are a must
- Familiarity with Visual Basic is preferred but not required
- Solid understanding of statistical concepts and data analysis or a track record that demonstrates high aptitude to learn these skills
- The position requires exceptional work ethics, solid communication skills, and ability to multitask and work against deadlines.
- Quick learner with excellent communication skills, team orientation, and ability to work with counterparts in different areas
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
What we offer:
- Work in a challenging area of the financial industry with one of the world's leading companies with exposure to variety of products, processes and controls
- Cooperation with a high quality, international, multicultural and global team
- Work in a friendly and diversified environment, appreciating differences in style and perspective and using them to add value to decisions leading to organizational success
- Management supporting balanced and agile work (flexible working hours, home office)
- Attractive benefits package (Benefit System, medical care, pension plan etc.)
- A chance to make a difference with various affinity networks and charity initiatives