Who we are looking for
The role of the European Shareholder Services Specialist is to connect the Clients and Portfolio Managers by ensuring that instructions received are processed in line with procedures. This position requires attention to detail, ability to manage several workflows and priorities. It provides insight into the core operation of State Street Global Advisors with exposure to Clients, Portfolio Managers and other departments.
This role is based in Krakow, Poland and will support Shareholder Services functions in London and Dublin.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world that provides services to the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As European Shareholder Services Specialist you will
- Process subscription and redemption activity into systems.
- Ensure all instructions received from Clients are aligned with SSGA’s instruction procedures and security controls.
- Investigate any reconciliation exceptions related to subscription and redemption activity.
- Conduct Anti-money laundering / suspicious activity monitoring controls.
- Analyze data and design reports
- Implement and maintain standard operating processes and procedures.
- Support a culture of effective challenge to evolve daily operational processes, recommend and implement changes and deliver continuous improvement.
- Maintain the highest standards of conduct and integrity within the business and ensure compliance with industry practice, company policies, statute and regulatory requirements in all matters.
- Collaborate with team members in other sites to ensure that operating model is consistent and to share standard methodology.
- Participate in key projects to improve efficiencies and re-evaluate processes.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong analytical skills and organized approach to investigating queries and exceptions.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Very good oral and written English and willingness to communicate with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work confidently both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to plan and run multiple priorities and tasks with the skills to adapt and be flexible to change in a delivery focused, deadline driven environment
- Willingness to assume responsibility and take ownership of tasks assigned.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) with a financial or analytical discipline preferred.
- Very good English, other languages an advantage.
- Industry experience within Investment Operations or Transfer Agency function is desirable
- Programming skills (VBA)
- Readiness to work in a shift pattern (between 9 AM CET to 6.30 PM CET)