IT Software Engineer – AppDynamics APM
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you understand how to manage the performance of modern distributed applications written in Java or .Net? Are you familiar with End-to-end transaction tracing? Does Bytecode Injection ring a bell?
Effective end-to-end Application Performance Management is key to this challenge and we're looking for someone to work with cutting edge technology to push UBS' APM tools forward as part of our global AppDynamics APM Engineering team. We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
– Understand user requirements and propose and implement system enhancements as required to meet that demand
– Provide advice and guidance to users of the APM tool to help them meet their day to day tasks and objectives with the tool
– Analyze complexity and feasibility of new or changed requirements
– Perform engineering duties with the APM tool to ensure that the production environment remains stable and up to date with product releases from the vendor
– Plan, develop, and test future releases of the APM tool and associated components
– Liaise with other teams within the Infrastructure Services organization to ensure the APM tool is integrated effectively into other IT Services provided by the group
You’ll be working in the APM Engineering team in Poland. Our role is to manage the strategy and development of the processes and tools that are used within UBS to support the monitoring of Application Performance and related infrastructure. These tools include AppDynamics and Microsoft Azure Monitor, Application Insights. We help the organization to achieve strategic objectives by ensuring that the APM platform is capable of adapting to ever changing demand, and delivering quality controlled releases of our platform on a regular basis.
– Multi-year experience of working with APM technologies, preferably AppDynamics
-Unix experience, including scripting (i.e. Shell, Perl, Python)
– Hands-on experience with Application Build Chains, automation tools like Ansible, Puppet, Chef, code repositories and version Control tool GitHub, or GitLab DevOps
– Understanding of common application servers, including Websphere Application Server, Tomcat
– Understanding of common application frameworks such as .NET and Java
– Familiarity with Microservice architectures, Kubernetes and Docker containers
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.