We believe in your potential. Here you can work with truly exceptional people, gain experience within an international environment, develop your skills, try new things, and contribute to various projects outside of your regular responsibilities. You can participate in many integration events or gain knowledge via our Internal Training Program, Language Training, Amway University and get certified.
In 2019 we were awarded as Best Work Place in Poland by Great Place to Work®.
Purpose of Role:
Chief Accountant is responsible for oversight and quality control over the preparation of statutory financial statements for a group Amway legal entities. A person in this role will be managing end to end statutory reporting process and will cooperate with external service providers to ensure compliance with local regulations and timely submissions of annual accounts.
He / She will collaborate with Global Reporting and Internal Audit functions in the implementation and maintaining of controllership initiatives including internal controls policies and procedures.
Chief Accountant will be part of Krakow GBS structure actively participating in transitions of finance operations to GBS as well as contributing to the implementation of standardization projects for financial and accounting processes.
What you’ll do:
- Manage end to end statutory reporting processes for a group of Amway legal entities
- Business partnering and cooperation with the global external service provider for statutory compliance services, acting as the first point of contact for the external service provider
- Control and coordination of the preparation of statutory accounts, providing accounting guidance to operational teams (AP, AR, RTR)
- Oversight/quality control of the US GAAP to Local GAAP reconciliations
- Manage statutory reporting timetable to ensure all queries are addressed and resolved on time
- Lead from a client-side the statutory audit processes for a group of entities, act as the first point of contact to auditors, support GBS operational teams in answering audit inquiries
- Perform quarterly B/S reviews for US GAAP reporting compliance and periodic review of the quality of B/S accounts reconciliations
- Provide guidance to GBS staff regarding compliance issues, internal policies, and procedures
- Participate in finance and accounting processes transitions to Krakow GBS
- Liaise with the GBS operational teams on the implementation of standardization solutions and continuous improvements for financial and accounting processes.
- Close cooperation with other teams inside Finance function (GBS Operations, Tax, Treasury, Process Excellence) to ensure smooth processes execution and effective financial support for business functions
What you’ll need:
- At least 6 years of experience in accountancy/finance
- Fluent English
- University degree required in Finance or Accounting
- The preferred candidate should have accounting qualification completed or in progress (e.g. Polish Chief Accountant – KIBR, ACCA, CIMA, CPA)
- Good understanding of US GAAP or IFRS
- Experience in the end-to-end accounting process
- Hands-on experience in financial reporting, including tax and statutory reporting
- Experience with ERP accounting systems – EBS Oracle is preferable
- Sound practical knowledge of MS office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team in a matrix organization
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders and communicate with the business
- Drive to solve problems, identify options and propose a reasoned solution
- Self-reliant, proactive and highly motivated
- Able to work under pressure and with deadlines
- Process excellence mindset
What can you expect from us?
- Attractive office location near Krakow City Center (High5ive)
- International team environment
- Benefits: Private medical care, MyBenefit, Life insurance
- Product discount
- Fruit Delivery
- Employee training (induction training, “Amway University” portfolio, language training, professional certification)
- Numerous company events and office initiatives (family picnics, Christmas parties, Carnival balls, Away Days, International and Product days, charities, MyWay program)
- Relocation package for candidates outside Poland
How to apply
If you are interested in this job, please send your application via "Apply" button.