Shell Catalyst & Technologies is a global organization that reports to Shell Executive Vice President of Products and Technologies (P&T). It is considered a strategic organization by Royal Dutch Shell and is a growing organization responsible to commercialize Catalyst to Global and Regional Corporate Cos (B2B) in the Refinery, Petrochemical, Gas areas. Shell Catalyst & Technologies also License several of the Shell technologies to other Companies and provide Technical Services helping Customers to solve problems of today and to succeed thru the Energy Transition.
If you have a passion in helping our customers succeed in a dynamic energy transition environment, this is your opportunity. You will grow in a highly energetic and passionate team helping our customers make the transition to cleaner energy.
Where You Fit In
Customer Operation’s purpose is to deliver best in market customer experience and business value, at an affordable cost. Success for Customer Operations is providing market leading Customer Experience, generating revenue for Shell and, providing a modern and engaging employee experience augmented by technology. We are fully end-to-end integrated with business partners we work with. We approach our work by ensuring brilliant basics of our work, being fundamentally digital and an agile organization. We also ensure that our customer experience we deliver are segmented according to their needs.
What is the Role?
The Business Advisor provides contract support to Shell Catalysts & Technologies companies, a group of companies that provide leading catalysts, technical services and licensed process technologies to refiners, gas treating facilities and chemical plants around the world. The successful candidate will have experience in developing commercially complex, legally acceptable contracts and provide advice on a wide-range of contract related questions and issues.
Principle Accountabilities will include:
- Draft third party customer contracts (sales, services, non-disclosure agreements and other).
- Review and assess customer contract terms, providing an explanation of the terms and possible risks to the sales account managers and management.
- Actively negotiate contracts with customers, providing options/alternative terms so the contracts are commercially and legally acceptable.
- Assist with proposals, as requested.
Advice, Support and Interfacing With Customer Facing Organization:
- Advise on wide-ranging contract related questions and issues, better enabling Sales to make informed decisions to further their objectives.
- Provide a contract ‘gap analyses’/assessment of key differences between the negotiated contract position and preferred contract position.
Draft/review business correspondence.
Interfacing With Business Partners and Shell Legal Services:
- Communicate, interface and collaborate on a regular basis with Business Partner’s Lead Business Advisors, including joining team meetings with such Business Advisors, Shell Legal, to better enable successfully carrying out the responsibilities of the role.
What We Need from You?
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent contracting skills: thorough and detail oriented; and apply legal knowledge, to commercial and technical information provided, in drafting contracts to ensure they accurately reflect business needs and decisions, while consistent with Shell’s legal requirements; and
- Strong advisory skills: ability to explain contract terms and legal concepts to the business; and identify and advise on issues and critical contracting risks, ensuring the business understands such issues and risks.
- Strong commercial mindset and problem-solving skills: commercial acumen, and ability to find acceptable solutions and options to reflect business needs and decisions for problems of varying content and complexity, all while timely achieving business objectives; and
- Ability to influence under challenging circumstances: engaging negotiating and facilitation skills, and ability to think logically and strategically under stressful and demanding situations.
Interpersonal and Communications:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills: excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills to easily connect, interface and build relationships at all levels – Business partners and external Shell customers;
- Passion for business: energetic, enthusiastic, and passion to learn the the Shell Catalysts & Technologies business;
- Collaborative workstyle: prior experience in working both independently and within a team framework; and
- Manage priorities: ability to manage time and prioritize over global workloads.
- End to End Accountability
Education and Experience:
- Qualified Legal Practitioner preferred, with: a Bachelor of Law (LLB), Diploma / Postgraduate in Legal Practice, and Post Qualification Experience (PQE) of a minimum of 3-5 years.
- If not a ‘Qualified Legal Practitioner’ education and experience should include: a Bachelor of Law (LLB), Postgraduate in Legal Practice or Masters of Law (LLM), with 8+ years relevant industry / functional experience within a Legal role or similar capacity.