We are currently looking for an experienced Regional Payroll Manager to join our HR Operations & Employee Experience team which delivers global HR services, remuneration and benefits to all businesses and their employees (more than U$D 14bn is processed through our global payroll on an annual basis).
You will be one of the three Regional Payroll Managers reporting to the VP Global Payroll Manager. As the Regional Payroll Manager EU/AF, you will be accountable for the overall health of the payroll function within your region. You will play a key role in the implementation of the Global Payroll Strategy, leading change and driving process excellence standards across the EU/AF Region.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a multi-year journey to shape Global Payroll within Shell, in an environment that will challenge you to apply all your leadership & functional skills in supporting your regional payroll team in co-defining and implementing a new ‘fit for purpose’ globally standarised payroll process and payroll technology landscape. This position offers a high degree of exposure across all lines of business.
• Accountable for payroll processing for the countries within your region, ensuring accurate and timely payroll, including base pay, stock compensation, payroll taxes, pension, statutory and supplemental benefits.
• Assuring Shell's Payroll ongoing compliance in an increasingly complex statutory and regulatory landscape across Payroll, Policy, Tax, Legal, IT, Finance and HR Teams.
• Engaging with multiple senior business leaders to develop E2E process, design system solutions and control requirements necessary to meet Shell evolving business obligations.
• Leading & supporting all team members within your region through the implementation of all change impacting payroll (including the Global Payroll Strategy), which will incorporate global process design, process governance, control definition & execution and project management.
• Driving team to build a high-performance culture, drive value, engage employees and develop organizational capabilities to achieve the desired future-state.
• Fostering innovation of ideas and initiatives across your team and with stakeholders to drive continuous improvement to streamline and optimize operational effectiveness.
• Significant experience of management within a regional/country payroll operational team, with an understanding of country-specific regulations, policies and procedures.
• Detailed functional experience of payroll (preferably based on SAP Payroll).
• Ability to demonstrate strong leadership, influencing, facilitation, & stakeholder management skills across all levels of management.
• Deep understanding of operational risk & experience in identifying & implementing internal controls to mitigate such risk.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Keen attention to detail, whilst still being able to focus on the ‘bigger picture’.
• Experience of leading change with a sound knowledge of LEAN and ability to drive continuous improvement on a global or regional scale.
• Sound judgmental skills to identify and resolve challenges and issues that protect and enhance Shell’s values, reputation and commercial interests.
• Payroll vendor management experience.
• Experience of empowering, coaching and mentoring staff so they can fulfill their potentials.
• Energy, enthusiasm and edge
• Fluent English