This role is part of the new Reshape organisation wherein the Legal operating model ensures that Legal is set up for the future to affordably support Shell’s evolving strategy.
The successful candidate will be a valuable part of the Information and Governance (IG) team within Global Litigation. This role will support a team of litigation and other legal counsel in the identification, preservation and disclosure of materials in litigation, agency investigations (both civil and criminal), regulatory and other matters that may arise. The successful candidate will work with a global team and occasionally need availability during non-regular working hours.
Where You Fit In.
This position is in the Krakow SBO and will report to the Managing Counsel LIG in Global Litigation. This role will work with IG team members to support e-discovery activities for various legal matters with a focus on search activities in the O365 e-discovery Center. We encourage the identification of process improvements, contributing to continuous improvement and shaping the way we collaborate and work.
What’s the Role?
As an O365 Specialist, you will support a global legal team of lawyers in their efforts to find, analyze and disclose information and materials that may be relevant to legal matters. This role will support cases from a variety of regions globally.
• Developing an understanding of Shell’s IT architecture including O365.
• Working with legal counsel and paralegals to identify data sources likely to contain materials relevant to specific legal claims and defenses.
• Managing cases in O365 e-discovery Center from inception to closing.
• Creating searches in O365 e-discovery Center and communicating search results to internal and external legal counsel.
• Tracking all search and export efforts for specific matters.
• Educating internal and external legal counsel on the capabilities of O365 e-discovery Center.
• Participating in the establishment and management of e-discovery best-practices from a global perspective.
• Assuring alignment throughout the Shell organization, including with IT, Legal, and the Business communities, with respect to preservation and e-discovery issues.
What We Need from You.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and set priorities with minimal oversight. You should have the ability to function in a team environment, being flexible and responsive to changing priorities, and have an appropriate sense of urgency in completing tasks and projects. You must have strong organisational skills and good interpersonal and communication skills so you can effectively train colleagues and respond to inquiries. You will need to confidently use Office 365, Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Teams, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Key Skills and Requirements:
• Advanced understanding of Office 365 Compliance Center including the eDiscovery Center.
• Strong skills in Boolean search and natural language search. Experience with advanced data analytics a plus.
• Strong Excel skills
• Basic understanding of legal preservation, discovery and disclosure in litigation.
• Strong organisational and teaching skills.
• Collaborative – a good team player.
• Elite problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Proven ability to work to deadlines and prioritize multiple projects.
• Willingness to learn new programs and skills as needed for projects.
• Comfortable with direct interface with internal legal counsel, even at senior levels and outside of litigation.
• Understanding the of importance of information management especially relating to litigation matters.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Good standard of written and spoken English.
• Ability to follow instructions, apply common sense and multi-task
• Resilience under pressure as the successful candidate will be supporting a busy team of lawyers and paraprofessionals.