The position will provide support in cost controlling area to Wells team in UK and is integral part of the Wells business team. The UK Wells business delivers Well engineering projects, Well interventions to create or maintain value from incremental production across our existing portfolio and Plug and Abandonment activities to ensure Wells are abandoned safely whilst maximizing value in execution.
Who will you work with?
• You will be part of Wells Finance team based in Krakow
• You will virtually support and work closely with Wells Business team in the Aberdeen
What will you do?
• Identify, flag and discuss with Wells Business opportunities for cost reduction and contract performance improvement.
• Day to day monitoring of contract performance and delivery of credible estimates for Value of Work Done for accrual process.
• Liaise with budget holders to assure effective use of the company’s capital (timely identification of overestimates as well as early warnings on overspent).
• Plan financial progress of the project and related cost controlling which includes variation reporting, monitoring of milestone progress, change impact assessment, etc.
• Report on project performance, identified opportunities and threats.
• Oversight of effectiveness of invoicing process, advise on potential improvements and challenge missing process elements required for effective and efficient costs management.
• Act as Finance representative during daily/weekly/monthly Wells operational meetings.
• Support Wells projects reconciliation process.
• Professionally qualified Cost Engineer or Finance Specialist with +5 years post-qualification experience in the field of cost control, accounting or controlling.
• Having thorough understanding of projects management environment allowing quality cost control.
• Strong interpersonal skills capable of working closely with and influencing other staff at all levels within finance and the Wells business.
• Enthusiastic high energy individual that is keen to work in an area that operates at the very heart of the Shell Upstream business.
• Able to work independently, taking initiative for own work and that of other staff where appropriate. Having strong self-starting capabilities.
• Willing for hands-on involvement in solving day-to-day and significant unusual problems.
• With excellent communication skills in English.
• Solid Microsoft Office Skills. Experience in SAP would be an advantage.