Who we are looking for
The State Street’s Alpha Data team is seeking an experienced and versatile individual with business systems and data analysis expertise to help us build and sustain our client’s data capabilities and competitive advantage using the Alpha services and product offerings.
The successful candidate must be inquisive, have strong business data analysis skills, knowledge of financial instruments, experience in functional requirements gathering and documenting, excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills, an ability to liaise between business/implementation and technology teams, and good collaboration skills. This role is part of broader Alpha Data Solutions client implementation team based in Poland and candidate will have an opportunity to work closely with implementation leads in London, Frankfurt or Boston.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Alpha Data Services Implementation Business Analyst you will
- Support the Alpha Data Solutions Project Management team with detailed analysis, testing, documentation, outlining problems, opportunities and solutions.
- Work closely with Development team on building efficient data models and technical requirement that meet product/client requirements
- Develop an excellent working knowledge of the Alpha Data Solutions offering to perform subject matter expert activities, consultancy, implementation and configuration.
- Support on-going enhancements to scope of services for existing clients as needed.
- Work closely with the business systems analysts to understand the business requirements and data.
- Support live products and clients by troubleshooting and resolving issues reported by business users.
Work as a member of a global team – provide status, communicate issues, share ideas, and follow process for analysis, development and support protocols.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Industry knowledge, Implementation experience combined with Middle/Back Office will be an advantage
- Previous experience implementing software or data services
- Solutions/client service orientation with focus and desire to deliver high quality client solutions
- Clear understanding of investment data and aspects of investment process
- Demonstrated excellence in business writing and business process analysis
Outstanding analytical and planning, attention to details
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- University degree in the field of finance, computer science, data management or related field of study
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience accross Financial Services, Data or similar
- Knowledge of financial instruments is required
- Experience in SQL, knowledge of database design
- Excellent English language skills, both spoken and written