Through our market leadership positions in Sports Medicine, Trauma, Orthopaedic Reconstruction and Advanced Wound Management, our 16,000 employees continue to improve outcomes and expand access, constantly striving to create value for healthcare professionals, patients, payers and shareholders.
The Payroll Coordinator with German or French, who will work as part of a team that is responsible for the timely and accurate accumulation of payroll data. This will be accomplished by the complete end-to-end processing of the payrolls allocated to the coordinator of various countries within Smith & Nephew in the region. Essential responsibilities include; time & attendance supervision, data entry and system updates in both Workday and local payroll systems, executing interfaces between Workday and local payroll where these exist, as well as executing outbound vendor interfaces. The role is not limited to specific country payrolls within the coordinators region and assistance with payrolls outside of the coordinators usual processing countries will be requested as and when the need arises.
- Accountability for Time & Attendance systems on German and French markets
- Entry and review of the weekly, bi-weekly or monthly payroll time data as required, employee maintenance, tax information, direct deposit, new hire, terminated and any other current employee processing.
- Coordinate with Human Resource Department personnel on the timely and accurate updating of employee masterfile changes in Workday.
- Manage interfaces and reports between Workday HR and local payroll systems.
- Audit payroll data entry and employee status changes to ensure accuracy prior to payroll execution.
- Ensure timely and accurate administration of employee garnishments, insurances and taxes, ensuring proper withholding and remittance to appropriate agencies and authorities.
- Work as a member of cross-GBS, cross-functional team on projects related to system upgrades for Workday, local Payroll and Time & Attendance systems.
- Execute and audit payroll outbound interfaces to be sent to third party vendors.
- Execute tests in Workday and payroll test databases as they relate to outbound/inbound interfaces.
- Update new hires and termination profiles in T&A system
- Correct time records when necessary
Master's Degree or MBA or BA
- 1 – 5 years of related time & attendance/ payroll/ HR experience at a company processing 500+ employees.
- Experience with Workday preferred.
- Fluent in English and German or French required
- Ability to work well within a small team environment.
- Displays a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to respect, protect and maintain highly confidential information.
- Able to work independently, or with little supervision.
- Can work with pace and pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Prior experience with having a role in new systems implementation, including the testing phase would be an advantage
at Smith+Nephew we offer
care | multisport
card | life
sharesave plan |
meals and fruits |
growth in the global
zones in the