Who we are looking for
We are looking for a professional with prior experience as a Team Leader. In this role, you will be managing a team of 5-7 specialists as well as acting as an expert in processing tax reclaims. As there are no daily deadlines, this position will give you an opportunity to plan your work & time appropriately.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Operations Tax Team Leader you will
- Supervise the team of 5-7 employees, which includes employees on Junior Specialist and Specialist positions;
- Manage internal workflow to ensure internal processing and client deadlines are met;
- Allocate tasks, review the work, conduct regular team and individual meetings;
- Recruit and train new staff;
- Support the team in processing tax reclaims and preparing tax documentation for various investment markets;
- Implement tax related changes into the process;
- Maintain working relationship with all home site contacts and participate in planning of training to address issues;
- Identify and escalate operational issues and possible process enhancements;
- Meet all requirements for the performance planning process including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and submission of formalized performance appraisals;
- Ensure all processes are in line with the SLA and escalate if necessary;
- Ensure procedures are reviewed and accurate as per departmental timeframes;
- Collaborate closely with internal teams.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and adapt to changes;
- Demonstrated communication skills and service orientation;
- Strong sense of quality and attention to details.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent in finances, economy, taxes, accounting or business;
- At least 3 - 5 years of experience in financial services or funds industry with a min. of 1 year in a people manager/team leader role;
- Knowledge of MS Office Applications;
- Fluent English language skills.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway