Risk Control Specialist - Sustainability and Climate Risk
Job Reference #
Do you have understanding of and interest in climate risk modelling? Do you display knowledge of key international sustainable finance standards?
We are looking for someone like that to:
• support the development and implementation of risk identification and control frameworks for sustainability and climate risk
• assess climate risk data and understand models to evaluate related risks
• contribute to portfolio reviews and support the further development of sustainability and climate risk appetite, methodologies, tools and processes
• contribute to trainings of business and control functions
• contribute to reporting, external disclosure and communication
• monitor regulations and financial industry standards
You’ll be working in the Sustainability and Climate Risk team located in Cracow, Poland. As a part of Group Risk Control, the team has firm-wide responsibility for the development and implementation of principles and controls to manage sustainability and climate risks. As a risk control specialist, you’ll act as second line of defence and partner with the business to manage regulatory and associated risks.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in in environmental, climate science or sustainability studies, finance, economics or business administration
• 2-5 years of experience in a risk control or sustainable investing function in the financial sector and/or equivalent management consulting experience in the same content area
• a good understanding of, or strong interest in climate risk modelling, knowledge of key international sustainable finance standards
• skilled communicator who adapts style to audience and conveys clear, accurate and concise information
• business focused and a good project manager able to work independently and across a broad agenda, and with a diverse network of internal clients and across various cultures
• able to deliver on targets also in an extended home-office setup
• energetic, self-directed, outcome-oriented, hardworking and collaborative team player
• fluent in English a must, other languages a plus
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.