Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to design and build the next generation messaging solutions using the latest technologies? Are you confident enough to proactively work with stakeholders to understand the problem domain and to gather user requirements? Are you motivated to work in a complex, diverse, and global environment? We’re looking for a messaging engineer to:
• provide technology solutions that will solve business problems and strengthen our position as digital leaders in financial services
• design, plan and deliver sustainable solutions using modern messaging technologies
• providing technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new software projects and initiatives to support and enhance our existing applications
• conduct reviews and engineer / test software as needed, along with participating in application architecture and design and other phases of SDLC
• see that proper operational controls and procedures are implemented to ensure the smooth transition from realization in engineering through to test and ultimately production deployment
Infrastructure Core is a global organization within Group Technology Infrastructure & Security Engineering providing technology platforms to underpin our partners business applications. You will be part of the Enterprise Messaging Engineering team, which has a global footprint and works with clients and wider team members spread across the world. Together we drive consistency across business divisions and optimize operations and support costs, by providing timely, robust, cost effective solutions and products to our clients.
You’ll be working in the Enterprise Messaging Engineering team, as part of a global team in the Technology division in Wroclaw. As a Messaging Engineer, you’ll play an important role in designing, delivery and maintaining Messaging solutions for use across the bank. Teamwork is pivotal to our success, and as such plays a vital role in all your daily interactions. We offer flexibility in the workplace and equal opportunities to all our team members.
• messaging experience with demonstratable background in the area (relevant skills could include: Kafka, Event Hubs, and Service Bus)
• traditional technologies including: IBM MQ and Tibco EMS would be a plus
• experience working with Microsoft Azure or other similar.
• hands-on experience with Public Cloud (IaaS, PaaS) having developed tools and scripts to build base VMs
• familiarity with Infrastructure as Code with the necessary skills to apply to various environments
• experience with containers and OS configurations inclusive of security best practices and middleware/platform installation and configuration
• experience in implementing various automation solutions around middleware infrastructure
• excellent knowledge of Unix, including scripting (for example: python).
• Java knowledge would be a bonus, with knowledge of software integration design patterns
• good interpersonal skills the role involves coordinating activities with resources and communicating clearly to SME's and Application developers.
• worked with various developer tools (like: Eclipse, Intellij, Maven, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, Gitlab)
• a hands-on person with natural instincts to support our customers and a ‘get the job done’ attitude
• curious, collaborative and constantly interested in learning new things
• fluent in English and eager to work in an English Speaking Global Team
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.