We currently have a vacancy for an experienced data and insights manager to join our global marketing team within Shell Marine business.
Shell Marine is a value growth and resilient business that consistently delivers Cash surplus and a high return to the Group despite the very challenging industry condition. The business has delivered $130 M C5 in 2020 despite the global pandemic, and is aspired to double the C5 by 2025. The vision is to be the most innovative and profitable marine solutions provider, making the voyage more predictable, efficient and cleaner. It will help the business to deliver such vision as we’re embarking the journey of becoming a more integrated business with bunker fuels.
Marketing is the owner of driving and delivering the integrated propositions (solutions):
- Core ‘Marine fluids’ of Lubricants and Chemicals (Shipcare, paints): One stop-shop for customers via our vast footprint & network, growing into specialized and profitable segments and markets.
- Services: Grow revenue from services by differentiating technical services and digital services with aggregating data into insights that lower costs and consumption.
- Sustainability & decarbonisation: Provide solutions to help customers decarbonise and lower impact on environment.
- Integrator: Be the customer facing layer for Shell to Marine customers and facilitate through the platform, i.e. bunker fuels, LNG to drive meaningful energy transition.
Marketing is also in the driving seat to rally the whole Marine business to be more data & insights driven organisation to help drive more effective decisions and deliver value.
In this context, Marine Insights Manager will lead the transition to a data and insights driven organization and support the wider sales, marketing and digital teams to develop and provide actionable insights to make meaningful connections of different datasets for the business and drive insights based actions with customers.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business and value drivers.
- Support the development of the roadmap for the data and insights strategy for Marine
- Deliver on agreed specific use cases that deliver the strategy
- Drive the use of data and insights in the Marine sectors organisation
- Support the regions to achieve their business goals through data and insights
- Excellent Stakeholder management skills - as you will be working with multiple stakeholders with differing levels of Seniority.
- Skilled with relevant data and inisght tools and methods
- Passion for making an impact on the business through insights and the use of data.
- Strong commerical acumen and an understanding of the value levers that drive the business profitability
- Should be result oriented, ability to manage multiple priorities and be highly motivated
1. Knowledge and experience in analytical tools will be a plus
2. Experience in a regional or global role
3.Experience in driving data driven decisions and insights
4. Demonstrated a track record of high performance