You will join a team of brand experts who are activist ambassadors for Brand Standards excellence, helping customers, agencies and teams around the world achieve creative excellence whilst remaining fabulously on-brand.
The world is changing fast and Shell is changing too – not only to keep up with the external pace, but also to anticipate and shape a different future. The new integrated Corporate Relations function will deliver value by supporting our strategy and sectoral approach and improving policy and advocacy outcomes. We will bring the outside in and secure and drive Shell’s reputation and values. Drawing on a strong base of professional excellence, we aspire to be best-in-class at achieving integrated outcomes through effective engagement and communication with external and internal stakeholders.
Where you fit in:
The Shell brand is the company’s most valuable asset. The busy AskBrand team plays a key role to build and protect the Shell Brand, helping manage and advise on effective, coherent and compliant application of Shell Brand Standards.
The AskBrand team manages brand related projects and responds annually to thousands of brand related questions and approvals on brand applications, including communications; merchandise; packaging; naming and sub-brands; events; vehicles, and 3rd party use of the Shell brand. The AskBrand team helps approve assets and resolve customer questions by either directly helping the customer or by connecting with the right colleagues to effectively resolve the question.
Compliant and consistent delivery of Shell Group Brand Standards and associated Brand Policies, ultimately to support the delivery of the ‘One Brand’ strategy, is critical to build, protect and strengthen the Shell Brand.
What’s the role?
We’re looking for a brand enthusiast who can be an ambassador for creative, compliant Brand Standards excellence, and help customers, agencies and teams around the world with their diverse brand-related questions, projects and Brand Identity approvals. Someone who can deliver efficient, effective Brand Identity Policy advice and approvals through the AskBrand service (50,000+ approvals and questions per year) and manage/input into related brand and design projects.
- Give accurate, quality brand advice based on Brand Standards, and review and approve branded assets and communications;
- Provide a clear and customer-centric service to stakeholders and agencies over the AskBrand e-tool, email, phone, Instant messaging, and in meetings;
- Meet the 24-hour customer response targets of 95% of all queries;
- Make recommendations for continuous improvement of processes, tools and ways of working;
- Provide data analysis, sharing trends, insights and recommendations with the wider Brand Standards team, and with business stakeholders through outreach, presentations and meetings;
- Excellent stakeholder management and network building capabilities, in order to connect AskBrand customers with the right mix of people to resolve brand questions – forging connections across all LOBs, functions, legal, ER, and beyond;
- Work alongside trademark team;
- Support on brand identity projects across all brand touchpoints and disciplines (packaging, events, Sound of Shell, joint ventures, etc.);
- Develop knowledge of, and relationships with, creative agencies and other suppliers of brand services across all major brand expression areas: packaging, colour, communications, experiential, digital, research, etc.
What we need from you:
- Leadership skills
- Learner Mindset – role model curiosity and reflection; encourage people to learn from mistakes and successes;
- Maximise performance – integrate and collaborate across boundaries to maximise commercial value for Shell as a whole.
- Professional skills
- The successful candidate will be collaborative, and have proven experience in brand, design, marketing or communications;
- Have, or develop, excellent working knowledge of brand principles generally, the Shell Brand, the One Brand Principle, Shell Brand Management system;
- Flexibility to manage delivery of a diverse and demanding workload;
- Customer-centricity is critical;
- Ability to develop strong, trusted relationships with colleagues across Shell in both business and country roles is crucial for the success of this role;
- Proven inquisitive, analytical, strong logic and problem-solving mindset;
- High attention to detail and be happy to provide challenge where they identify opportunities for improvement/optimisation;
- Quick learner and active self-starter;
- Excellent written and spoken English is essential.
We are keen to support flexible working arrangements, subject to local regulations and legislative frameworks. If this is of interest to you, please describe in your application the type of flexible working arrangements for which you would like to be considered (e.g. part-time, job share).