Shell Customer Operations forms the operational backbone of business processes that help deliver Shell’s business solutions across the globe, and is focused on driving excellent corporate performance that enable Shell to operate in a global-competitive and ever-changing business environment.
Customer Operations is in its journey to provide the best in market customer experience for our Customers and Business Partners in Shell. We created a great place for commercially minded individuals who thrive working with customers and who want to growth their experience in agile, digital and e-commerce initiatives.
We have a collaborative, flexible, dynamic and very supportive working culture; where every single one of us is determined to make a difference, to go the extra mile because it’s our job, every day, to make our customers’ experiences with Shell a little bit better. We highly value Diversity & Inclusion and want to bring more – JOIN US!
Develop, own and actively manage the channel strategy across Customer Operations globally:
- Ensure the channel strategy is evergreen, updating and evolving it in line with shifting customer expectations and lessons learned.
- Bring in external insights and best practices to help Shell define and innovate the approach to channel communications
- Partner with IT for technology development, deployment, and optimization to meet identified goals.
- Ensure that the customer experience remains consistent and consistently good across channels, while ensuring that cost to serve is managed.
- Holistically steer digital and non-digital initiatives to achieve the right outcomes and enhance the end to end customer journey, while ensuring individual initiatives are still able to prioritise their backlogs by value.
- Drive answers to and develop a position on questions like: ‘should we focus more on chatbots? Should we prioritise FAQs more? Should we remove a telephone number displayed on a contact page on our portal?’
- Develop outside vendor relationships, including identification of appropriate partners, qualification, definition of scope of work, and execution
Define channel target metrics in line with the strategy:
- Align targets with initiative Product Owners to ensure targets are suitable and prioritise value and customer experience
- Track, understand and act on key channel related KPIs, and adapt and evolve the strategy as required.
- Drive transformation through colleagues and extended team members - Ensure the channel strategy is integrated end to end across channels and initiatives, influencing product and initiative owners to drive coherence.
Engage with sales and deal making to ensure the customer offer book is evergreen reflects the channel strategy:
- Influence key stakeholders to build engagement and consensus across these functions, to ensure that we are offering the right channels to the right customers.
- Understand and track the true cost to serve customers across different channels, and adapt the channel strategy as required:
- Ensure that the cost to serve is accurate and up to date across channels, and that we are accounting for all components of that cost, is key. Having the right data supports making the right decisions.
What we need for you:
- University degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or Business.
- Minimum 7+ years of related experience including integrated marketing communications role including digital/interactive marketing, online communications, website content development or other relevant background.
- Skilled with managing multiple communications channels (for example: website, email, social media, PR, etc)
- Demonstrated experience working with third party agencies and business partners
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills with ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and plan next steps. Ability to influence effectively at different organisational levels, across different parts of the organisation.
- Product ownership, digital product development: experience on how digital products are developed (Agile)
- Deep understanding of commercial drivers and the ability to drive a step change in the Customer experience while ensuring a solid business case throughout
- Self-sufficiency in Excel/PowerBI
- English min. C1
Official job title for the role: Design/Deploy Lead Channel Strategy Lead