This role is supporting the product regulatory compliance work within the Product Regulatory Compliance Team in the EMEA region. Key tasks include regulatory submissions in accordance with established guidelines and national product registrationor substance notification schemes, regulatory monitoring and impact assessment, update and maintenance of the Product Stewardship Regulatory Database and support of the global and regional manager . This role will interact with different networks and stakeholders within the company in alignment with Shell’s business strategy.
- This role will support regulatory staff in Europe and adjacent countries to carry out specific tasks, such as monitoring complex emerging regulatory developments, evaluating impact of existing or new legislation, conducting substance or product notifications as required by the business.
- On demand of CoB Product Stewards this role will contribute to specific regulatory compliance actions as required by regulatory frameworks, such as REACH, REACH-like regulations and national legislation.
- This role will be a key contributor to revamp the Product Stewardship Regulatory Database to a fit for purpose tool ensuring that existing relevant information is maintained, and unnecessary or obsolete information is archived/removed.
- Also, the role may act as a deputy to the Regulatory Systems Lead to ensure business continuity.
- Create and/or maintain effective and efficient virtual team working across the global Product Regulatory Compliance Team, CoB Product Stewardship Teams and regulatory networks
- Manage (sometimes conflicting) stakeholder requirements and expectations
- Escalate issues to regional or global manager for pragmatic resolution
- Simplify messages for stakeholders and target audience
- Meet deadlines
- Helps to address product stewardship or regulatory concerns driven by popular science or perceived facts
- Develop and apply regulatory knowledge in decision making
- Effectively communicate over widely distributed networks, business teams and other stakeholders
- Product regulations are complex and continue to evolve. This requires the capability to quickly and timely identify and act upon the crucial issues for Shell’s business
- Have a global perspective while working local/regional issues - to understand potential implications of regulatory decisions on the global organisation/business
Job Knowledge, Skills, Competency:
- University degree in chemistry or equivalent technical or professional experience in health, safety or environmental matters
- Can demonstrate experience in regulatory compliance and product stewardship
- Effective and efficient working in virtual team
- Experience in working across organisations
- Experience and proven capabilities in stakeholder management
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills. Ability to apply and lead in the application of structured problem solving and analysis methodologies. Proven ability to approach complex problems with structured analyses and deliver a structured output and results.
- Knowledge and information management skills
- IT skills