You get to be the lead specialist consultant across digital and social within the Europe, Russia and MEA regions. You will lead a team of Digital Excellence Advisors to enable world class content creation, drive and help develop channel strategy, push the boundaries of our digital and social platforms and deliver innovation.
The world is changing fast and Shell is changing too – not only to keep up with the external pace, but also to anticipate and shape a different future. The new integrated Corporate Relations function will deliver value by supporting our strategy and sectoral approach and improving policy and advocacy outcomes. We will bring the outside in and secure and drive Shell’s reputation and values. Drawing on a strong base of professional excellence, we aspire to be best-in-class at achieving integrated outcomes through effective engagement and communication with external and internal stakeholders.
Where you fit in:
Digital Excellence Advisors will serve a fundamental role by delivering strategic counsel across digital and social projects to ensure best-in-class methodology and content effectiveness. Situated within the Digital and Social CoE, we set the Shell group strategy across all digital and social media platforms. This team ensures we can deliver unparalleled customer experiences while ensuring the stewardship of the Shell brand in digital channels. We work closely with some of the largest technology platforms in the world to maximise the performance of our content, and with a broad remit for innovation which delivers material impact on business performance.
Our team of advisors bring expert knowledge and experience across web, email, app and social media marketing.
What’s the role?
You will enable our digital excellence model by being the focal point for social channel requests and emerging technologies from the region, sharing market priorities with the central Products and Innovation team and promoting and enabling the CoE’s technologies and solutions at a local level.
Your role will include:
• Providing best-in-class counsel to prioritised markets, lines of business and functions for digital and social platforms, including content formats, campaign channel strategy, channel functionalities, audiences and user journeys.
• Training and guiding stakeholders through a common process by being responsible for the success and adoption of the CMP tool across markets, businesses and functions.
• Developing and owning the annual market maturity models for digital and social in key markets within your remit to enable and drive improvements in content effectiveness.
• Partnering with the central strategy team on the development and optimisation of guidelines for region-specific channels.
• Partnering with the digital delivery team (Accenture) to meet targets, including prioritisation of marketing activities to ensure deadlines are met with high quality outputs, in line with business expectations.
• Leading the local roll out of new technologies and platforms related to digital and social channels.
• Managing and advising stakeholders on the rollout of ‘multi-site content’ packages across our websites at a local market level.
What we need from you:
• Ability to deliver through others including leading, nurturing and supporting a team of Digital Excellence Advisors within Europe. Create the environment for others to feel empowered to deliver high performance through clarity on intent, priorities and outcomes.
• Learner Mindset – Role model curiosity and reflection; encourage people to learn from mistakes and successes.
• Maximise performance – Integrate and collaborate across boundaries to maximise commercial value for Shell as a whole.
• Extensive and comprehensive knowledge of social media platforms and digital marketing, especially within Europe, Russia and MEA, with a clear and proven passion for the industry.
• Digital communications expert, with comprehensive experience in managing websites and social media campaigns.
• Exposure to CMP tool implementation or previous user experience of a CMP or process tool.
• Experienced team leader, with proven leadership skills. Proven ability to delegate and manage delivery through others.
• Proven experience with content management systems, including Adobe Experience Manager, Sprinklr and Newscred.
• General knowledge of digital and social analytics, able to interpret reports and dashboards across a variety of tools.
• Thorough knowledge of SEO and social media optimisation.
• Working knowledge of direct email marketing and push messaging solutions and campaigns.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• Professional working language proficiency in a second European language is advantageous.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to influence outcomes at a senior level.