Portfolio Accountant Specialist
Job Reference #
Are you great with numbers and have sharp analytic skills? Are you detail-oriented, precise in your working style and motivated to understand interdependencies and to question them?
To strengthen our team we are looking for new colleagues who will support us building out our presence working in the following main areas:
• Processing of fund valuations and transaction entries as well as reconciliation of prices and positions with various custodians and administrators
• Prepare, review and analyze daily net profit and loss information from the settlement/accounting systems, risk systems, data sources and administrator reports.
• Verification of valuations and ensuring that those are in compliance with the associated product valuation policies and guidelines. For certain trading strategies, work closely with the trading desk in the daily valuation of their book.
• Maintenance and monitoring of product guidelines
• Preparation of cash flow projections
• Monitoring product credit lines
• Preparation and verification of client reports and presentations
• Verification of annual financial statements
• Assist in regulatory reporting processes as needed
• Management Information Support
You will be working in the Portfolio Accounting team of the COO Team in UBS Asset Management located in Krakow. Globally this team is responsible for the oversight of registered funds, private funds and mandates across traditional and alternative trading strategies. The team is tasked with ensuring that the accuracy and quality of data and reporting produced both internally and externally meets all standards and requirements. You will initially primarily be supporting products managed by the UBS O’Connor business globally with the opportunity and expectation, as part of a larger team, to work on other investment areas. UBS O’Connor is the single manager hedge fund business within UBS Asset Management with a focus on multi-strategy investment solutions for institutional and private clients. Working within a global team of Portfolio Accountants, this role offers candidates a great opportunity to gain exposure to the Asset Management industry including both Hedge Funds and Traditional Asset Management asset classes. You will support a dynamic business and build relationships globally.
• A good head for figures and pay attention to details
• A high level of personal responsibility and an independent, proactive working approach
• Solid Excel skills
• Integrity, loyalty and great team spirit
• Financial background and experience in fund accounting is an advantage
• Bachelor degree with subject focus on finance or accounting preferred
• Flexible and used to working under time pressure
• Embracing the challenge to work within a constantly evolving environment
• Keen to learn and constantly striving to enhance your knowledge and skill set
• Able to communicate fluently in English both written and verbal
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.