Financial Analyst in Group Strategic Planning
Job Reference #
Do you have a strong technical background and sound understanding of financial data?
Do you thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment?
As a Financial Analyst in Group Strategic Planning you will contribute to enabling the financial planning & analysis process on UBS group level by managing the IBM Cognos TM1 application. You will work collaboratively across Finance functions to design and implement technical solutions supporting development of the group-wide strategic plan. You will help derive actionable insights and outcomes from data, advise and challenge the business's activities, performance and strategy, and optimize the use of the firm's financial resources.
We are looking for someone who will:
• Liaise with stakeholders involved in UBS financial planning to design and develop technical solutions in the system
• Develop and maintain structures, dimensions and data flows in IBM Cognos TM1
• Execute control procedures and data management ensuring integrity and consistency of data
• Analyze financial data for business planning, strategic analysis and performance reviews including commentary
• Develop and maintain financial models and calculations in IBM Cognos TM1 to support the group wide planning process
• Support projects and ad hoc requests
Group Strategic Planning (GSP) is a team within Group Performance Assessment & Analytics that provides analysis and advice to the Group’s senior decision making bodies.
GSP steers the UBS planning process globally, develops the 1 Year Operating Plan and 3 Year Strategic Plan in cooperation with stakeholders across the Group, and assesses performance against plan throughout the year.
In addition, GSP supports the Business Divisions in the execution of their strategy and is involved in Group strategic projects with a focus on Finance topics.
• A Bachelor or Master's degree
• Strong analytical skills and high level of numeracy
• Proficiency in MS Office, super user experience in IBM Cognos TM1 or a similar system is a plus
• Experience in the financial services industry
• Excellent command of English (written/oral)
• Curious, motivated and a pro-active self-starter
• Well organized and detail oriented
• An excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.