Finance Business Data Modeler
Job Reference #
Have you supported multiple projects using smart multitasking skills? Are you interested in large scale Finance industry data and process analysis, modelling and design? Do you want to play a key role in driving change within the Fit-4-future / EVO 202X program?
We’re looking for a Finance Business Data Modeler:
Are you a finance industry expert, familiar with the concepts and tools for data and process modelling, a good communicator and an analytic thinker? Do you know how to design innovative solutions?
We’re looking for someone like that whose main duties will include:
• understand, document and help improving finance data models and processes
• participate in establishing a finance-wide data and process modeling strategy
• creating Finance physical / logical data and process models for architecture / design optimizations
• eager to perform data and process analytics with advanced methodologies on a vast variety of data
• performing data cleansing and manual preparation of data sets
• help integrating finance application’s meta data into an agile solution lifecycle framework
• establishing a strategic Modelling toolset and provide supporting as part of the Center of Excellence
• develop creative data enhancements and data integration solutions
• working autonomously or with a team depending on project demands
• communication around progress and presentation of results
You’ll be working in the Finance Data Strategy team in Zurich, EU or UK as a Data and Process modelling expert / senior expert. As an SME, you’ll play an important role in establishing a strategic modeling framework as part and foundation of the FINANCE Evolution 202X program.
FINANCE data strategy is a very dynamic, fast-paced and creative team taking advantage of the latest technology and data processing techniques. As part of FINANCE CHANGE you will help clients make better decisions through data and process designs.
The position is based in Zurich / etc. We offer flexible work arrangements.
• Proven experience in the financial industry as IT business analyst with good business know-how and strong IT background
• proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (particularly Excel) - Technical Skills
• familiar with modeling styles like class modeling, entity relationship modeling, relational modeling, BPMN2.0
• proven modeling experiences with data and / or process models of large scale applications
• experience with Case & Modelling Tools like Enterprise Architect, Power Designer or similar
• IT Business Analysis experience (Requirements Engineering and written IT Specifications)
• Understanding the Software Development Lifecycle (Business Spec, IT Spec, Design, Code, Test, Deployment)
• Have an intuitive understanding of data / analytics / data model concepts (very wide array of data sets)
• Experience in the banking industry in an IT department with inhouse-built application responsibility a plus
• ability to work in agile teams and execute around tight deadlines
• Strong English language skills essential
• Good communication skills and ability to elaborate presentations and documentations
• Practical knowledge and understanding of procedural and object-oriented scripting languages like VBA, Python, Jscript or similar would be an advantage
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.