Who we are looking for
You’ll be joining the Payment HUB team in Financial Shared Service Center Cracow (Poland), which provides a wide range of services to multiple State Street Bank locations, including EMEA, North America and Middle East.
The Team provides operation support for Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA), Foreign Exchange for Cash (FX4Cash) and Cross Border Low Value Payments (XBACH).
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Accountant you will
- Perform complex end-to-end payments processes that may include [but are not limited to]: payments preparation, review and release, accounting documents processing and preparation of daily cash balances.
- Assisting with analyzing banking statements and financial and tax audits.
- Assisting in documentation and monitoring of internal controls, performing other projects and/or reports as assigned etc,
- Monitor and confirm to direct manager completeness of daily tasks delivery at the end of each business day.
- Developing and maintaining close working relations with the business locations,
- Implementing and documenting change and investigating its implications,
- Gathering, validating and objectively analyzing relevant information to identify key issues, drawing sound conclusions and making decisions on the appropriate course of action.
- Besides Team Leader be the first point of contact and first person to give opinion on team staff improvements’ suggestions; process improvements, application upgrade or different tasks allocation.
- Be able to cover Team Leader in case of absence,
- Take responsibility for the quality of service to assigned clients
- Identify [and execute] process improvements. Keep process documentation up to date [change management]
- Identify issues and problems in service delivery and suggest necessary corrective action, keeping team and direct manager informed of issue; record occurring issues in the issues log and track progress
- Complete your job-related tasks as designed by procedures and requested by the manager independently - following the principles of (1) quality (2) completeness and (3) timeliness. Support junior staff with the job-related tasks; act as SME
- Maintain close contact with direct manager, briefing him/her on all issues and problems both actual and potential
- Act as a source of technical expertise on State Street systems and applications including Donor Site software
- Ensure effective logging and resolution of enquiries and liaise with appropriate parties to resolve/ escalate queries / problems within agreed timescales [in agreement with direct manager, depending on situation try to resolve/escalate on own responsibility]
- Ensure that direct manager is kept aware of all issues/problems/queries/work in progress that may impact upon the quality of service being given
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- An ability to adhere to multiple deadlines, with good time management and the ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment also the ability to lead and motivate a team of people.
- An innovative and structured approach to work, coupled with an ability to continuously identify and implement process improvements.
- A willingness to take ownership of problems and an ability to communicate with clients, and colleagues at all levels whilst being customer service focused.
- PC application knowledge and good Excel skill-set are necessary.
- Attention to details is crucial.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- A background in banking, with knowledge and experience of working within an operations environment.
- At least 3 years of Professional experience in accounting, banking, finance and/or other related fields.
- Knowledge of international payments/settlements is required.
- Advance Language skills, written and verbal in English and country language if required.
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No Intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills training's
- Technical workshops