If you are looking for exciting and meaningful opportunities in a global company at the forefront of the energy business and climate debate read on.
The world is changing fast and Shell is changing, too – not only to keep up with developments – but to anticipate and shape a better future. Shell’s newly integrated global Corporate Relations function brings together professional communicators, brand experts, government relations professionals and specialists in non-technical risk and social performance to work with commercial and technical colleagues and deliver Shell’s business strategy. The CR team will bring external analysis and perspectives to business decisions, communicate Shell to the world and drive Shell’s brand and reputation. Drawing on a strong base of professional excellence, we aspire to be the best at achieving successful integrated outcomes for the business through effective engagement and communication with stakeholders and audiences.
Where you fit in:
The newly created Corporate Relations Finance Analyst position is based in Krakow, Poland where a growing community provides Shell’s global businesses with solutions in internal/external communications, content development and campaigning, brand and reputation management, commercial deal-making support, cutting-edge creative solutions and professional operations at the nerve centre of the Function.
The successful candidate will be the focal point for Reporting, Budgeting and Payments for the Brand team. The position formally reports to the CR Operations Team Lead in Krakow and informally to the CR Creative Solutions Operations Manager in Krakow supporting Brand LT.
What’s the role:
This role supports the Brand team in their reporting, budgeting and payments. It requires an understanding of the businesses' strategies, commercial and reputation impacts and drives integrated reporting including input into critical, executive decision documents.
- Compile and synthesise complex financial data into usable insights and analysis
- Draft clear and concise financial analysis and recommendations for executive decision documents
- Lead interfaces with key internal and external stakeholders to influence outcomes
- Prepare financial and costs reconciliation and ensure the intercompany billing and service fees are correctly captured during the course and in the end of the project
- Deliver fit for purpose training to staff and prepare them for any upcoming budgetary activities
- Prepare financial summary from suppliers, check the information provided on costs against invoices received and resolve queries raised by suppliers
- Maintain up to date master data of engagements and WBS/CC structure to ensure timely and accurate intercompany billing
- Provide high quality payment data for internal assurance.
What we need from you:
- Strong in business partnering, including track record in forming and sustaining relationships with senior business and functional leaders based on mutual trust, shared knowledge, and understanding
- Strong project management experience and indirect influencing skills; focusing resources and delivering complex projects with cross-business, multi-country objectives
- Experienced in vendor and project management and/or large commercial deals that have multiple impacts on multiple stakeholders
- Proven experience in managing a complex network of internal stakeholders to deliver optimal outcomes
- Innovative and experienced problem solver; quickly able to generate and compile financial reporting and able to articulate ideas clearly to senior management
- Analytical strength and an interest in measurement and ability to use data analysis for continuous improvement (excel and SERP, GSAP or equivalent ERP knowledge)
- Excellent communication skills backed up by an understanding of the businesses' strategies, commercial and reputation impacts and opportunities
- Integrative working style; ability to work in cross-functional, multi-cultural teams and deliver challenging projects without formal control
- A learner mindset - being a role model in your levels of curiosity and reflection and encouraging people to learn from their mistakes and successes.
- The role requires flexibility from the candidate to work with different time zones on a n identified need basis