The Logistics Scheduling Team safely provides customer focused daily distribution and operations services, for Shell Bitumen and Sulphur, that are prompt, cost effective and sustainable.
You execute your activities perfectly so that you leave no dollar on the table and you create high levels of customer and front line staff satisfaction.
You are the face to our customers and are responsible for the customers end to end (order to cash) experience of Bitumen and Sulphur orders across continental Europe.
Orders are received daily and the demand matched to supply and transport availability. Orders need to be processed to completion to ensure timely and accurate invoicing to customers and accurate stock accounting. Using SAP, managing SAP and TAS error logs and managing critical documents are part of your daily routine. A very important aspect of your role is communicating effectively with customers, account managers, transporters and plants about changes and issues.
- Business Geography: Germany, France, Switzerland, Belgium, Netherlands, Denmark, Czech Rep, Poland, UK, South Africa, Export.
- Respond to customers promptly in professional and courteous manner.
- Handle orders and nominations through various channels, web based multi partner platform, from Customer Service Operations, via direct calls and email.
- Liaise with the Transporters, Plants and Product Schedulers to ensure that the requested product and transport is available, can be safely executed and to promptly resolve problems.
- Monitor, manage and communicate issues and delivery delays.
- Close your transactions accurately and on time with particular focus on daily and month end close
- Ensure an accurate daily close by managing all relevant error logs to ensure that no orders or invoices are blocked.
- Resolve customer care enquiries including urgent order, changes, complaints, disputes.
- Actively participate in the Specialities operations community Continuous Improvement projects.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Prior Experience and Qualifications required as an experienced and competent scheduler:
- Working Level of SAP user knowledge, (ideally IS-Oil, SD or TD or TSW).
- Operations and road distribution activities.
- Customer care or external relationship management
Key Competences & Behaviors required:
- Focused on Customer Experience
- Good level of English min. C1
- German language is nice to have
- Autonomous and enterprising
- Driven to improve delivery performance for customers
- Well organized and able to manage priorities and achieve daily goals by close of business.
- Resilient under pressure and able to remain calm in the face of tough challenges
- Experience with MS Office especially Excel
- Team player